Trivial Irritations Thread

Discuss anything you like in here, as long as it doesn't belong in the other forums and is appropriate.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Trivial Irritations Thread

Postby megatronacepticon » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:39 pm

Preordering Lancer on Amazon ages ago only to get an email from the seller saying it was delayed. They said they would mark it is shipped even though it wasn't because that was necessary for the order to continue and it would arrive in November or December. I agreed and waited. And waited and waited some more. Then Lancer started dropping to people with preorders from more reputable markets meanwhile I had heard nothing. I then looked up the seller, PigglyToyVille and discovered this was not an isolated issue and that they were probably a scammer. Continues in the happy thread.
User avatar
megatronacepticon
Heroic Autobot
 
Posts: 395
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:57 pm
Location: Christchurch

Re: Trivial Irritations Thread

Postby green dragoon » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:58 pm

been watching a lot of youtube videos recently of people going into vintage toy stores, flea markets and conventions in America and they are showing off all these awesome old toys from the 70s, 80's, 90's loose and sealed action figures, transformers you name it. I'm so jealous I'm really into 80's and early 90's action figures at the moment. my next overseas trip will be the US i will be bringing an empty suitcase with me lol.
The Surprising Adventures of Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

A Tomahawk of Honesty in the Skull of Lies
User avatar
green dragoon
Headmaster City
 
Posts: 2153
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:32 pm
Location: Palmy north

Re: Trivial Irritations Thread

Postby Fan-of-Cool-Stuff-27 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:08 pm

green dragoon wrote:been watching a lot of youtube videos recently of people going into vintage toy stores, flea markets and conventions in America and they are showing off all these awesome old toys from the 70s, 80's, 90's loose and sealed action figures, transformers you name it. I'm so jealous I'm really into 80's and early 90's action figures at the moment. my next overseas trip will be the US i will be bringing an empty suitcase with me lol.


Man I feel you, I see all the cool stuff these dudes in the US or the UK pick up from these flea markets and second-hand shops, but you go into those kind of shops here all you get is some bootleg TF's sold in $2 shops and a crap ton of mcds toys that everyone who has kids and eats out often get stuck with.
Fan-of-Cool-Stuff-27
Micromaster
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:30 pm
Location: Hamilton

Re: Trivial Irritations Thread

Postby skydemolisher » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:20 pm

Fan-of-Cool-Stuff-27 wrote:
green dragoon wrote:been watching a lot of youtube videos recently of people going into vintage toy stores, flea markets and conventions in America and they are showing off all these awesome old toys from the 70s, 80's, 90's loose and sealed action figures, transformers you name it. I'm so jealous I'm really into 80's and early 90's action figures at the moment. my next overseas trip will be the US i will be bringing an empty suitcase with me lol.


Man I feel you, I see all the cool stuff these dudes in the US or the UK pick up from these flea markets and second-hand shops, but you go into those kind of shops here all you get is some bootleg TF's sold in $2 shops and a crap ton of mcds toys that everyone who has kids and eats out often get stuck with.



Haha Me three. The best I ever found at a second hand store was Getaway without his weapons or power master though a friend had better luck getting an Armada Tidal Wave, she was gutted because about a minute earlier she would have been able to get what we think was G1 Fortress Maximus.

Though years and years ago when New Brighton had a pop up store I managed to get 2x MOTU Fright Zone walls and bases and a fairly good condition Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest - Isla Cruces Playset. It always had interesting things and then one day someone burnt it down. I really miss that place.
(D) For the Glory of the Decepticon Empire!!!!!!! (D)
skydemolisher
Supreme Commander
 
Posts: 8100
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:08 pm

Re: Trivial Irritations Thread

Postby omegaprime » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:57 pm

Tax tossed the price of importing up to the point bbts is not worth it
User avatar
omegaprime
TFNZ News Crew
 
Posts: 3797
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:04 pm
Location: Dunedin

Re: Trivial Irritations Thread

Postby Spike » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:02 am

omegaprime wrote:Tax tossed the price of importing up to the point bbts is not worth it

Oh crap. I have a large pile of loot to ship
Spike's want list
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12376
User avatar
Spike
Headmaster City
 
Posts: 2512
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:51 am
Location: Auckland New Zealand

Re: Trivial Irritations Thread

Postby Good_Riddance » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:08 am

Spike wrote:
omegaprime wrote:Tax tossed the price of importing up to the point bbts is not worth it

Oh crap. I have a large pile of loot to ship


Stink. I got done for a customs levy and biosecurity check on mine too. Was an extra 60 or 70 bucks on top of the gst I also had to pay for. I'm real stoked you have to pay gst on shipping costs too...
Good_Riddance
Gestalt
 
Posts: 1337
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:49 pm
Location: Chch

Re: Trivial Irritations Thread

Postby Spike » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:08 am

The thing is, I get the GST added on products as it hurts local retail. I just don't believe that is the intent behind it. I think it is a chance to bring in more tax revenue.

And to be honest, I think it would be fair to say that the majority of stuff bought isn't able to be sourced at local retail.

We are being ripped.
Spike's want list
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12376
User avatar
Spike
Headmaster City
 
Posts: 2512
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:51 am
Location: Auckland New Zealand

Re: Trivial Irritations Thread

Postby Spike » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:11 am

My trivial irritation.

My teaching registration is going up from $220 to $500.

To cover the Teaching Council's 'costs and services'. I have asked every teacher I know, and no one knows what the council does or of any service they provide.

My wife is an ECE teacher, she gets jack for pay. This is going to hurt significantly.
Spike's want list
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12376
User avatar
Spike
Headmaster City
 
Posts: 2512
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:51 am
Location: Auckland New Zealand

Re: Trivial Irritations Thread

Postby skydemolisher » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:11 pm

Build A Figures where you need 6 figures but can only find 5 and the one thats elusive will be the hardest to get because its the main character that everyone wants over the others.
(D) For the Glory of the Decepticon Empire!!!!!!! (D)
skydemolisher
Supreme Commander
 
Posts: 8100
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:08 pm

Re: Trivial Irritations Thread

Postby [omega] » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:07 pm

BBTS Pile of loot too large to ship.
Bit at a time though.
Haven't sipped anything since December. .. what to do?
Greedy ass GST
Image
User avatar
[omega]
Faction Leader
 
Posts: 1679
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:15 pm
Location: Crystal Lake

Re: Trivial Irritations Thread

Postby [omega] » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:10 pm

Spike wrote:My trivial irritation.

My teaching registration is going up from $220 to $500.

To cover the Teaching Council's 'costs and services'. I have asked every teacher I know, and no one knows what the council does or of any service they provide.

My wife is an ECE teacher, she gets jack for pay. This is going to hurt significantly.

That sounds like crap brother.
What if you don't pay it?
More than half of what you're paying all ready.
Image
User avatar
[omega]
Faction Leader
 
Posts: 1679
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:15 pm
Location: Crystal Lake

Re: Trivial Irritations Thread

Postby [omega] » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:11 pm

skydemolisher wrote:Build A Figures where you need 6 figures but can only find 5 and the one thats elusive will be the hardest to get because its the main character that everyone wants over the others.

I hear ya, I keep well away from those.
Image
User avatar
[omega]
Faction Leader
 
Posts: 1679
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:15 pm
Location: Crystal Lake

Re: Trivial Irritations Thread

Postby Zippo » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:09 pm

GST making my "small" Amazon purchase not worth it
~$50NZ for a Deluxe, ~$75 for a Voyager .. I doubt I will see local release of these end of line Siege toys however
Zippo
TFNZ Administrator
 
Posts: 11405
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:24 pm
Location: Dunedin, New Zealand

Re: Trivial Irritations Thread

Postby green dragoon » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:04 pm

skydemolisher wrote:They also have Marvel Legends, Star Wars and Ghost Busters stuff in the pre-order too;

https://www.toyco.co.nz/collection/hasb ... cement?p=2



$33 for Ghostbusters Kenner Classics! holy shitballs that twice what i was expecting and 3 times what they're worth! i was looking forward to getting these guys but gosh darn Hasbro you've just talked yourself out of a sale! thirty-three Dollars! that's $7 dollars cheaper than the premium series! for a basic 5point figure with minimal paint apps. It is perhaps the most excessive and cynical cash grab I've ever witnessed or at least the worst one I've seen for a long time. wouldn't it have been great if young kids could have afforded to buy these cool classic figures and enjoy them like many of us collectors?
Hasbro are complete scumbuckets, for this, they piss on Kenners legacy.
The Surprising Adventures of Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

A Tomahawk of Honesty in the Skull of Lies
User avatar
green dragoon
Headmaster City
 
Posts: 2153
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:32 pm
Location: Palmy north

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron