Trivial Irritations Thread

Discuss anything you like in here, as long as it doesn't belong in the other forums and is appropriate.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Trivial Irritations Thread

Postby skydemolisher » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:07 pm

green dragoon wrote:
skydemolisher wrote:They also have Marvel Legends, Star Wars and Ghost Busters stuff in the pre-order too;

https://www.toyco.co.nz/collection/hasb ... cement?p=2

$33 for Ghostbusters Kenner Classics! holy shitballs that twice what i was expecting and 3 times what they're worth! i was looking forward to getting these guys but gosh darn Hasbro you've just talked yourself out of a sale! thirty-three Dollars! that's $7 dollars cheaper than the premium series! for a basic 5point figure with minimal paint apps. It is perhaps the most excessive and cynical cash grab I've ever witnessed or at least the worst one I've seen for a long time. wouldn't it have been great if young kids could have afforded to buy these cool classic figures and enjoy them like many of us collectors?
Hasbro are complete scumbuckets, for this, they piss on Kenners legacy.

I have my suspicions that part of the reason everything they do has gone up is because The Last Jedi toy line ended up tanking far worse than they had expected and they had overestimated what they could get based on The Force Awakens sales so they've been making up for the losses and I believe in that time Disney altered the deal so Hasbro makes less off the products with a percentage needing to be paid to Disney on top of their licence fee. Plus of course the desire to remove manufacturing from China so they need to build up the funds to allow that to occur.

The 5POA figures during rebels and late clone wars were $10, the black series 3.75" were $20 and 6" were $30 now 5P's are $18/20, 3.75" Articulated are $25-30 and Black Series is $40 and now they know they can hold things behind paywalls and offer exclusivity deals that can net them more, I imagine more things will end up going the same way. We are due a price increase again in the next few months as well.
(D) For the Glory of the Decepticon Empire!!!!!!! (D)
skydemolisher
Supreme Commander

Postby [omega] » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:08 pm

I think I've hit a wall....
I've list the urge to collect any tf including the mps.
Even thought of selling my 3rd party stuff.
Anyone else been there?
Ever since buying the family home , just don't have enough funds to buy as much as I used to.
What a bummer.
I don't even miss the courier vans beep beep when my package would arrive.
:( :(
[omega]
Faction Leader

Postby Good_Riddance » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:54 pm

[omega] wrote:I think I've hit a wall....
I've list the urge to collect any tf including the mps.
Even thought of selling my 3rd party stuff.
Anyone else been there?
Ever since buying the family home , just don't have enough funds to buy as much as I used to.
What a bummer.
I don't even miss the courier vans beep beep when my package would arrive.
:( :(

I'm having these moments more and more these days. I think I kind of have and endgame at least as far as my collection and display and what I want to have... Primarily mp scale seasons 1, 2 and movie, and some idw stuff. Basically whatever mmc release in reformatted and pad it out with hastak where it fits. I've sold off a lot of stuff though to slim things down. I still have my g1 stuff too but not really adding to that anymore either. I've a ton of Joe stuff (not really relevant here) but that's all on the chopping block. Although I'm interested to see how this new 6inch scale stuff turns out
Good_Riddance
Gestalt

Postby Spike » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:48 am

I'm there as well. I kind of can't wait for the thing to be finished and complete.
And then I may just sell it. Sometimes I walk in the room and I think "What else could I have if I didn't have this?"
Spike's want list
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12376
Spike
Headmaster City

Postby Mr.Deflok » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:23 am

A lot in this boat.

When I completed my S1 G1 Autobots in MP I thought I would be stoked, but I was relieved that it could end. I pick yp odd things I like but don't ever check the tracking status of a parcel now.

I did move to Marvel Legends and got my Xmen dream-team and now am the same for that line.

I'll probably get a few ER figures but I can no longer justify spending over a hundred dollars on a single figure online.
Mr.Deflok
Autobot Commander

Postby omegaprime » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:11 pm

Two things it took me way to long to find this page using Google lol.

Second I echo what's above I'm a few toys why of been done snapdragon and scorp this year meaning I'm shy sureshot pointblank and some trottlebots.

The quint and alicon is a nice touch
omegaprime
TFNZ News Crew

Postby skydemolisher » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:32 pm

Pre-ordered Earthrise Prime for an "April Release" via Mighty Ape, I see its now been changed to September.

EB Games who have my pre-orders for some Black Series figures are also showing a change from "Date" to "TBD"
skydemolisher
Supreme Commander

Postby Spike » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:31 am

Hey mate, if you want Optimus, I have one I'll sell to you.

PM me if you want.
Spike's want list
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12376
Spike
Headmaster City

Postby megatronacepticon » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:02 am

skydemolisher wrote:Pre-ordered Earthrise Prime for an "April Release" via Mighty Ape, I see its now been changed to September.

Hopefully they'll actually get it in stock since Optimus has actually shown up in stores, but I remember preordering the Wave 1 Mictomasters from Siege on
Mighty Ape only for it to get pushed back further and further until I got the dreaded, "we can't fulfil your order," email.

Slightly related, having to pay Toy World prices for Optimus because he dissappeared from the other stores before I had realised that he was in fact a good definitive G1 Prime toy.
megatronacepticon
Evil Decepticon

Postby skydemolisher » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:53 pm

megatronacepticon wrote:
skydemolisher wrote:Pre-ordered Earthrise Prime for an "April Release" via Mighty Ape, I see its now been changed to September.

Hopefully they'll actually get it in stock since Optimus has actually shown up in stores.

Thats what I'm hoping, because I paid via afterpay he's already fully paid for already and I only have a payment to AP on Thursday then they're fully paid for it too.
skydemolisher
Supreme Commander

Postby [omega] » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:27 pm

People think it's the end of the world.
Shelves wiped freezers empty
Bread sold out
Toilet paper , nappies.
What the hell , it's a virus not a food or water outage.
Shit. ..... just panic mode .
You don't see people stocking up on drugs do ya.
[omega]
Faction Leader

Postby megatronacepticon » Tue May 05, 2020 1:41 am

The worry that I'm going to get the dreaded "Supply problem with your Mighty Ape Order" email from MightyApe saying that they can no longer source the remaining 4 Seacons I need, leaving me with an incomplete combiner that will be next to impossible to complete without multiple mortgages this late into the aftermarket phase. They haven't done that; I'm not saying they're going to do that and I certainly hope they don't, I realize they're swamped with more important orders and back orders and the like at the moment, but I got that dreaded email regarding the Wave 1 Siege Micromasters last year and the worry is certainly there that it will happen with the Seacons too. I got the first batch from RobotKingdom before I knew MightyApe were offering them, I preordered the later two batches from MightyApe to support local industry.
megatronacepticon
Evil Decepticon

Postby green dragoon » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:23 pm

Photobucket's emails harassing me saying I'm over the 250 limits and MUST UPGRADE OR ELSE! what happened to Photobucket? they use to be cool and easy to use.

what else do people use? or do we all just pay for photo hosting now? i really don't use it regularly enough to justify paying.
The Surprising Adventures of Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

A Tomahawk of Honesty in the Skull of Lies
green dragoon
Headmaster City

Postby omegaprime » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:39 pm

green dragoon wrote:Photobucket's emails harassing me saying I'm over the 250 limits and MUST UPGRADE OR ELSE! what happened to Photobucket? they use to be cool and easy to use.

what else do people use? or do we all just pay for photo hosting now? i really don't use it regularly enough to justify paying.

im using imgur but even they can be a tedious, its why if you go back though the older news pages they kinda are a complete mess now thanks to it
omegaprime
TFNZ News Crew

Postby [omega] » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:57 pm

When your package says fragile and it arrives squashed.
Fricken cows poo :x
[omega]
Faction Leader

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion