GOOD TIMES - The Happy Thread!

Discuss anything you like in here, as long as it doesn't belong in the other forums and is appropriate.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: GOOD TIMES - The Happy Thread!

Postby [omega] » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:26 pm

skydemolisher wrote:I bid on that reissue G1 Skylynx on Trade Me fully expecting to be outbid and I won it. I don't think I have ever seen the original Skylynx in the physical form, only ever in pictures. I am kinda shocked coz it looks like a cool thing.

How much did you score it for?
[omega]
Faction Leader

Postby skydemolisher » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:12 pm

[omega] wrote:
skydemolisher wrote:I bid on that reissue G1 Skylynx on Trade Me fully expecting to be outbid and I won it. I don't think I have ever seen the original Skylynx in the physical form, only ever in pictures. I am kinda shocked coz it looks like a cool thing.

$50.50 just waiting on postage costs now.
(D) For the Glory of the Decepticon Empire!!!!!!! (D)
skydemolisher
Supreme Commander

Postby skydemolisher » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:22 pm

Having an "incomplete" Anchovy Alley show up that actually was complete and great condition.
skydemolisher
Supreme Commander

Postby Mr.Deflok » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:58 pm

skydemolisher wrote:
[omega] wrote:

$50.50 just waiting on postage costs now.

Wow! Nice! I had an encore release from around 8 years ago and it was surreal opening it. Such a cool toy, even today.
Mr.Deflok
Autobot Commander

Postby NKF » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:20 pm

Had my first toy delivery since... well, ages ago. Not a unique experience as I'm sure many also have experienced the same. Rather it's more this feeling of catharsis I got to see that a parcel had arrived. It is really nice to see things are starting to slowly go back to normal.

That or I think I have developed an addiction to parcel deliveries. Not the contents of the parcels. Just the deliveries. Could be a cause for concern!

Before I forget, there was one other rather happy moment I had over the level 4 isolation period. While going through some old containers, I happened to come across one with my older TFs. Yes, I totally did not get sidetracked for the rest of the afternoon. One item in particular that I pulled out left me a bit confused for a moment. Then the old brain cells fired up and it was a happy memory.

It was an old Superlink/Energon Sledge, still wearing a badly sewn shirt with glitter glued on. Or more of a vest really, but looks like a shirt from the front. Trousers too, though as his manager I would rather not think about those as they cost him his one chance at glory. Good times.
Crura Fish!
NKF
Decepticon Warlord

Postby skydemolisher » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:40 pm

Had the longest time off the property since around Early March. Attended my Depression Support Group, walked to the supermarket after and shopped, went to a mall and picked up things for my mum and then went down to EB Games in the same mall. My anxiety stayed at low to manageable levels. It was so good, living with anxiety has been rough for leaving the house and feeling safe enough to do things away from home and out of my comfort zone. I only have 2 more sessions with my support worker before we need to bring the support to an end so having a good day with it on low has been really good. Its the 4th time I have left the house in like 1.5 months and I was gone 4 hours, every other time was 30-90mins.
skydemolisher
Supreme Commander

Postby Muleac » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:25 pm

Awesome to hear bro.
Muleac
TFNZ Moderator

Postby skydemolisher » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:50 pm

Muleac wrote:Awesome to hear bro.

Thanks man. :)

Today's good is after many days of attempting to repair my tablet I finally managed to fix it at 4am this morning. So many of the "fixes" hadn't worked to get it to recognise it did in fact have internal speakers and missing drivers.
skydemolisher
Supreme Commander

Postby Muleac » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:06 pm

You have to watch those fix it videos on YouTube. They make it look so simple.
Muleac
TFNZ Moderator

Postby skydemolisher » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:25 pm

Muleac wrote:You have to watch those fix it videos on YouTube. They make it look so simple.

I often do, its crazy how complex some things are and yet other things that sound complex are easy as. When I trained in IT I ended up mucking up part of the modules we were working on and my tutor was upset because it shouldn't be working but was and he couldn't replicate or understand it.
skydemolisher
Supreme Commander

Postby NKF » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:02 pm

Got to say, the growing number of those 2-part vehicle mode micromaster teams in the current TF series. This makes me happy.

Not sure how many of these we'll see going forward, but I have to admit I really loved them when I was young. Never owned any of my own though.
Crura Fish!
NKF
Decepticon Warlord

Postby Thatotherguy » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:32 am

Locked in a launch day preorder for PS5.

My PS4 can finally move into retirement after years of outstanding service.
Thatotherguy
Pretender

Previous

Return to General Discussion