GOOD TIMES - The Happy Thread!

Discuss anything you like in here, as long as it doesn't belong in the other forums and is appropriate.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: GOOD TIMES - The Happy Thread!

Postby Muleac » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:37 pm

I've watched a couple of your videos and I like the laid back feel to them.
Muleac
TFNZ Moderator

Postby skydemolisher » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:56 pm

Muleac wrote:I've watched a couple of your videos and I like the laid back feel to them.

Thank you :)
(D) For the Glory of the Decepticon Empire!!!!!!! (D)
skydemolisher
Supreme Commander

Postby Zippo » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:31 pm

Back in New Zealand after a week trip to Taiwan; great to see a new country and of course play Pokemon Go.
Didn't go looking for toy stores though
Zippo
TFNZ Administrator

Postby Thatotherguy » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:14 am

Got an email from Mightyape saying the release date for Borderlands 3 figures of fandom statues have moved up to this month. With those, MP Blackarachnia and 3A dlx Optimus Prime all releasing in the same window the next few weeks are going to be bloody awesome!
Thatotherguy
Pretender

Postby Zippo » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:29 am

On Friday evening I reinstalled Windows 10 on my little Intel NUC; one of the upsides was that system got a lot quieter and was no longer warm to the touch
The downside was that several days later I was woken to a loud squeal = fan was having issues
Good news is that I was able to find a local replacement fan and now my little NUC works as new again

(I also purchased a brand new Intel NUC system - current model, it arrived in 1 day from Auckland, even though the courier had put 2-day service all over it)
Zippo
TFNZ Administrator

Postby NKF » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:24 pm

Zippo wrote:(I also purchased a brand new Intel NUC system - current model, it arrived in 1 day from Auckland, even though the courier had put 2-day service all over it)

Did you get one of the 8th gen Bean Canyon NUCs? I've been using the i3 and i7 models and these are really nice machines.
Crura Fish!
NKF
Decepticon Warlord

Postby Zippo » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:27 pm

NKF wrote:
Zippo wrote:(I also purchased a brand new Intel NUC system - current model, it arrived in 1 day from Auckland, even though the courier had put 2-day service all over it)

Did you get one of the 8th gen Bean Canyon NUCs? I've been using the i3 and i7 models and these are really nice machines.

Yep; I wanted the i5 Slim but the store I purchased from was actually out of stock so I went for the i3 Slim as an alternative (I had no need for the tall model, nor did I want to spend extra for the i7 considering my performance requirements are quite low)
Zippo
TFNZ Administrator

Postby Zippo » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:11 am

A combo - bad and then good post

I weigh myself every month, just as a rough check to make sure I am no getting too large
In December I gained 6kg! Which was enough motivation to get me back on the HIIT and bodyweight workout I last did in September 2015 (over 6 months I lost 20kg, I have since put that all back on again)

A lack of a working bike has hindered the HIIT part of the workout, though in the next few days I should have a indoor exercise bike that cost far too much to resolve that issue; but eating better, limiting the alcohol intake and doing a few other things has already helped, down a few kg and a few cm from the waist.

Pretty sure that I will always be "a large person" but if I can be less large, that would be great :-)
Zippo
TFNZ Administrator

Postby megatronacepticon » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:41 pm

megatronacepticon wrote:Preordering Lancer on Amazon ages ago only to get an email from the seller saying it was delayed. They said they would mark it is shipped even though it wasn't because that was necessary for the order to continue and it would arrive in November or December. I agreed and waited. And waited and waited some more. Then Lancer started dropping to people with preorders from more reputable markets meanwhile I had heard nothing. I then looked up the seller, PigglyToyVille and discovered this was not an isolated issue and that they were probably a scammer. Continues in the happy thread.

I sent the seller a message asking if there had been any updates and they responded saying the product still hadn't arrived and asked if I wanted to continue the order. I then sent a cancellation request assuming it would go through the seller, but apparently it went straight to Amazon. Luckily they refunded me and I was able to reorder Lancer from a more reliable seller for a cheaper price, in addition to picking up the Studio Series bike girls all for a cheaper price than that original unfulfilled preorder.
megatronacepticon
Heroic Autobot

Postby Damolisher » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:30 pm

So, I'm going back to my old job because I hate my current one, and the best part is, not only will I finally have money again, rather than all of my money going into travel and food, I'll have better hours, be focused on one single department rather than being split through multiple, be allowed to focus on my job rather than being pulled away all the time, and they want to train me up to be a duty manager at some point, so that's pretty groovy.
"I'm crazy, you're crazy, the whole world's crazy. It's just to which degree you're crazy."- Terry Funk
Damolisher
Faction Leader

Postby Zippo » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:08 pm

Got a bonus at work for the hard work, time and effort etc put in over the last 4 weeks (and yet to come) in order to get everything sorted for the lockdown and work from home orders.

Nice to get some recognition ..

Now if only I could spend it :-)

I guess also having a job at this point in time is pretty special as well, considering some won't have one now, and many won't have in a month or so..
Zippo
TFNZ Administrator

Postby [omega] » Fri May 22, 2020 7:22 pm

Finally BBTs have shipped my pile of loot. :D
[omega]
Faction Leader

Previous

Return to General Discussion