Trivial Irritations Thread

Discuss anything you like in here, as long as it doesn't belong in the other forums and is appropriate.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Trivial Irritations Thread

Postby [omega] » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:27 pm

Colorful words go with this.

upload image
[omega]
Faction Leader

Postby megatronacepticon » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:28 pm

EDIT (original post was a bit too critical of AusPost now since they've managed to resolve the issue):
Not sure this belongs here anymore since it got happily resolved, but what apparently happened was the seller had sent multiple packages out (as tends to happen) with one bound for me in New Zealand and another bound for someone in north-eastern Los Angeles. By mistake my package ended up getting mislabelled and ended up on a journey to the US. Luckily the seller got on to them about it and they managed to get it back from USPS and it ended up getting to me in the end. While this was going on it was somewhat irritating to watch my package track to the US not knowing whether or not it would ever get to me, but since it did this story has a happy ending.
Last edited by megatronacepticon on Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
megatronacepticon
Heroic Autobot

Postby Spike » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:06 am

The post is getting to be scary, for receiving AND sending.
I order from Hong Kong and I can sometimes have in 3 days. I send something sometimes just across Auckland and it can take 6. You’d think 2 or 3 tops, and then you panic when it hasn’t shown up. It’s stressful.

What else is stressful is when your wife and children all get the vomiting bug and you have to take care of them all while operating on no sleep. My poor family but, man, am I exhausted.
Spike's want list
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12376
Spike
Headmaster City

Postby skydemolisher » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:45 pm

The uncertainty of Youtube and COPPA. I don't make my content for kids and while I set the channel to not being for kids, Youtube and COPPA get the right to choose if my content is or is not aimed at kids based on what things appear in my From The Collection Friday, Random Mystery Unboxing and Let's Plays.

I'm by no means a big channel and never set out to be but its something I do for fun and to help with my mental illness and for something to do since I am unable to work. I really hate the idea of someone else being able to dictate what my content is and if I should or should not be fined large sums of money for breaching it. Sadly it also means I'm stuck in place with it because I can't have it on another platform since all of them will also be covered by the same law issues.

Its far worse for people much larger than me like Pixel Dan, Toy Galaxy, Not Another Retro Collector, etc who all put out content I enjoy and for a Kiwi Anime streamer I mod for who is also going to be caught up in it because literally anything that can be deemed as "for kids" is caught up in it.

The other massive issue I see in it is that reviews for figures will likely also be caught up in it and I, as I'm sure a lot of you do too, need to look at online reviews of things we are planning on buying or collecting because we don't wanna sink $ on stuff thats shit and hearing other collectors opinions and thoughts is so important.
(D) For the Glory of the Decepticon Empire!!!!!!! (D)
skydemolisher
Supreme Commander

Postby Zippo » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:33 pm

Well drat

My phones repaired screen is coming undone from the body - I am assuming it is held down by glue which has failed.
Guess I am sending it away again
Zippo
TFNZ Administrator

Postby Good_Riddance » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:02 pm

Import duty & tax assessment on my pile of loot shipment from BBTS... Guess I'll be getting a bill in the mail shortly dammit!
Good_Riddance
Gestalt

Postby loismustdye » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:44 pm

Good_Riddance wrote:Import duty & tax assessment on my pile of loot shipment from BBTS... Guess I'll be getting a bill in the mail shortly dammit!

Was it pinged at customs? How much was the total cost? Be interesting to see what happens
no sig as photobucket nerfed it all
# of TF's: I don't have the patience to count them all
# of GIJoe: I've lost count
loismustdye
Headmaster City

Postby Good_Riddance » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:35 pm

loismustdye wrote:
Good_Riddance wrote:Import duty & tax assessment on my pile of loot shipment from BBTS... Guess I'll be getting a bill in the mail shortly dammit!

Was it pinged at customs? How much was the total cost? Be interesting to see what happens

About $300US I think. Can't wait for the bill. Its been years since I've had something pinged I guess so I'm probably due
Good_Riddance
Gestalt

Postby skydemolisher » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:06 pm

NZ Post...

"Oh Hi, we have an item for the South Island... Sorry we sent it to Auckland, from Auckland."
"Oh Hi, that item we sent to Auckland from Auckland... We kinda sent it to Auckland again."
"Oh Hi again... Auckland to Auckland haha tomorrow we promise it will be there."
"Oh Hi again again, Hi, yes we Auckland to Aucklanded... Again... Tomorrow. Pinky swear."
skydemolisher
Supreme Commander

Postby loismustdye » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:51 pm

Good_Riddance wrote:
loismustdye wrote:

About $300US I think. Can't wait for the bill. Its been years since I've had something pinged I guess so I'm probably due

Bugger. I’ve always had mine sent at around $250 US. Will be interesting to see what happens in a couple months when I finally ship my pol what charges I’ll get hit with.
no sig as photobucket nerfed it all
# of TF's: I don't have the patience to count them all
# of GIJoe: I've lost count
loismustdye
Headmaster City

Postby Good_Riddance » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:49 pm

loismustdye wrote:
Bugger. I’ve always had mine sent at around $250 US. Will be interesting to see what happens in a couple months when I finally ship my pol what charges I’ll get hit with.

Just got my import duty and tax bill. $126. And that's chasing it up online, I can't imagine I would've got a letter till at least Thursday to tell me... So now stuffs more expensive to get from overseas and will probably take at least 2 weeks longer to arrive :x
Good_Riddance
Gestalt

Postby megatronacepticon » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:19 pm

The fact that MightApe has been saying, "We expect to process this shipment today" since about Thursday of last week after also saying, "Credit card charged successfully," on Omega Supreme. On the one hand I don't mind that much since working out where to put him when he arrives is going to be a whole other mess, but it is a bit annoying that more and more "today"s continue to roll by with no sign of movement. I would much prefer an actual date of shipment even if it was like 6 years from now rather than just being told, "today," only for it time and time again to then not be that day.
megatronacepticon
Heroic Autobot

Postby skydemolisher » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:09 pm

megatronacepticon wrote:The fact that MightApe has been saying, "We expect to process this shipment today" since about Thursday of last week after also saying, "Credit card charged successfully," on Omega Supreme. On the one hand I don't mind that much since working out where to put him when he arrives is going to be a whole other mess, but it is a bit annoying that more and more "today"s continue to roll by with no sign of movement. I would much prefer an actual date of shipment even if it was like 6 years from now rather than just being told, "today," only for it time and time again to then not be that day.

I think they have been a bit stuffed up by things like Black Friday. Used to be "order by... It goes today" now its going either "next day", or 2 days after that. Then like you said, things just sit and don't move. Then when they do send the post office sits on them for a week.

I guess in a more online shopping era the need is outdoing their expectations and leading it delays which will hopefully come back down again. I miss getting stuff the next day.
skydemolisher
Supreme Commander

Postby Zippo » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:30 pm

megatronacepticon wrote:The fact that MightApe has been saying, "We expect to process this shipment today" since about Thursday of last week after also saying, "Credit card charged successfully," on Omega Supreme. On the one hand I don't mind that much since working out where to put him when he arrives is going to be a whole other mess, but it is a bit annoying that more and more "today"s continue to roll by with no sign of movement. I would much prefer an actual date of shipment even if it was like 6 years from now rather than just being told, "today," only for it time and time again to then not be that day.

Ordered Wednesday, shipped Monday, received today
They do say it is a bulky item and shipment processing takes a few days to the South
Zippo
TFNZ Administrator

Previous

Return to General Discussion