Tilallareone Collection Pics - Season 1 G1

General talk about Transformers figures from any era.

Moderator: Moderators

Minibot

Re: TILALLAREONE COLLECTION PICS - SEASON 1 G1 *PIC INTENSIVE!*

Postby davehammer » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:30 pm

I know I might sound stupid for asking this but... does the G1 Ironhide / Ratchet mold have a head?

Heroic Autobot

Postby tilallareone » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:44 pm

davehammer wrote:I know I might sound stupid for asking this but... does the G1 Ironhide / Ratchet mold have a head?

Nah not a proper one... neither of them do. They just have a random sticker in their chest which is meant to be the head.

The only way to get a proper head is to buy one of those customised heads... they're pretty cool.

Faction Leader

Postby Oldschool78 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:25 pm

Are you kidding me........... 5! Shockwaves and a sixth with box!
Youve got a nice source of income there if you ever need it ae bud

Heroic Autobot

Postby tilallareone » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:32 pm

Oldschool78 wrote:Are you kidding me........... 5! Shockwaves and a sixth with box!
Youve got a nice source of income there if you ever need it ae bud

Yeah pretty excessive. Its just that I had this obsession a while back of obtaining broken Shockwaves from ebay and trying to fix them up. All the ones standing (and in the box itself) are all pretty good....most having been pieced together from others....the two in gun mode are pretty much junkers. I've still not found an effective way of fixing the split chest/shoulders...

Hope G1 retains value....thats my concern is that once the movie hype dies down they'll not be worth as much. I've never been one for MISB collecting...but thats the only way I imagine you can guarantee that you'll be able to get a good return on your investment.

I'd have a hard time selling these guys. I don't know if I ever could. Collecting for me has always been about the fun of it and the love of the cartoon....its not about making money off em.

Heroic Autobot

Re: TILALLAREONE COLLECTION PICS - SEASON 1 G1 *PIC INTENSIV

Postby tilallareone » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:13 am

Hey guys,

Haven't posted here for donkeys...but just updated my collection pics thread on TFW2005....

Since my collection thread is so darn cluttered with multiple pics...heres a best of selection Season 1 luuuurve :) :

SEASON 1
LOOSE WITH DUPLICATES

AUTOBOTS LOOSE

DECEPTICONS LOOSE

SEASON 1 MIB

:)

Pretender

Re: TILALLAREONE COLLECTION PICS - SEASON 1 G1

Postby Antonio Handsome » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:01 am

Fair warning - if I ever find out where you live, I'm breaking in and stealing all this.

And I mean that in the best possible way - this is a hell of a collection. I'm awe struck, and you should run some sort of museum - I'd visit!

I also promise not to steal
i am great at signatures

Gestalt

Postby Chris » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:02 pm

*Jaw Drops* Good lord mate - that is the most impressive G1 collection I have seen from a NZ based person. It must be worth a small fortune and obviously it's very very cool. You've done what we have all likely wanted to do - get 2/3 of each figure so you can show them in all modes at once. Great stuff - I too would love too see this lot.

Heroic Autobot

Postby tilallareone » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:07 am

Antonio Handsome wrote:Fair warning - if I ever find out where you live, I'm breaking in and stealing all this.

And I mean that in the best possible way - this is a hell of a collection. I'm awe struck, and you should run some sort of museum - I'd visit!

Heh...yeah don't go stealing em! :)

Thanks for the kind words. I would love to do some kind of 80's toy museum...with these...and all the other awesomeness from the 80's....not sure how good it would do as far as foot traffic through it...but damn, it would be awesome! Thats kind've my dream if I won Lotto or got a building space to use....maybe one day!

Chris wrote:*Jaw Drops* Good lord mate - that is the most impressive G1 collection I have seen from a NZ based person. It must be worth a small fortune and obviously it's very very cool. You've done what we have all likely wanted to do - get 2/3 of each figure so you can show them in all modes at once. Great stuff - I too would love too see this lot.

Thanks :) The duplicates and photographing them in both modes was a cool collecting milestone to accomplish. Over the years I've tried to make sure I have 1 minty one and one duplicate that is in at least ok condition. Some have seen better days...

I've been out of the game for a few years. Since 2010 I haven't really bought anything new. Recently I've gotten a couple of sealed AFA 1984 items and its unleashed the collecting beast again....they are so expensive but so cool to own unopened first series G1 items. At the moment I've got Sunstreaker (AFA 80) and Huffer (AFA 75)....also Constructicons Mixmaster and Longhaul sealed (but not AFA'd). One day I want to have the entire first run of 1984 plus others that appeared in Season 1 of the cartoon....like Shockwave and the Constructicons. One day I might meet that milestone...but I fear it would take far too much money....

Thanks for the kind words. Years ago I looked at other peoples collections in much the same way...with awe and wishing I could get them. It takes time, and its a lot more expensive now to get a hold of them than it was say 10 years back.... My trick was always asking my friends if they had any and buying them off them before they were seen as being investments. I remember getting Ultra Magnus, heaps of minibots and a bunch of others off a friend for $15....which in those days...the mid 90's...did seem like a lot of money. Heh. Now you look at minibots on ebay and mint they are $50 each! Crazy.

Sometimes I wish I could invent a time machine and go back to 1984/85 and raid my local Toy Warehouse (there was one near the Royal Oak roundabout in Auckland) and just buy everything...put them in cases and be a very rich man now. Ahhh if only we knew.

Gestalt

Postby Chris » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:12 pm

tilallareone wrote:
Antonio Handsome wrote:Fair warning - if I ever find out where you live, I'm breaking in and stealing all this.

Heh...yeah don't go stealing em! :)

Thanks for the kind words. I would love to do some kind of 80's toy museum...with these...and all the other awesomeness from the 80's....not sure how good it would do as far as foot traffic through it...but damn, it would be awesome! Thats kind've my dream if I won Lotto or got a building space to use....maybe one day!

Chris wrote:*Jaw Drops* Good lord mate - that is the most impressive G1 collection I have seen from a NZ based person. It must be worth a small fortune and obviously it's very very cool. You've done what we have all likely wanted to do - get 2/3 of each figure so you can show them in all modes at once. Great stuff - I too would love too see this lot.

Thanks :) The duplicates and photographing them in both modes was a cool collecting milestone to accomplish. Over the years I've tried to make sure I have 1 minty one and one duplicate that is in at least ok condition. Some have seen better days...

I've been out of the game for a few years. Since 2010 I haven't really bought anything new. Recently I've gotten a couple of sealed AFA 1984 items and its unleashed the collecting beast again....they are so expensive but so cool to own unopened first series G1 items. At the moment I've got Sunstreaker (AFA 80) and Huffer (AFA 75)....also Constructicons Mixmaster and Longhaul sealed (but not AFA'd). One day I want to have the entire first run of 1984 plus others that appeared in Season 1 of the cartoon....like Shockwave and the Constructicons. One day I might meet that milestone...but I fear it would take far too much money....

Thanks for the kind words. Years ago I looked at other peoples collections in much the same way...with awe and wishing I could get them. It takes time, and its a lot more expensive now to get a hold of them than it was say 10 years back.... My trick was always asking my friends if they had any and buying them off them before they were seen as being investments. I remember getting Ultra Magnus, heaps of minibots and a bunch of others off a friend for $15....which in those days...the mid 90's...did seem like a lot of money. Heh. Now you look at minibots on ebay and mint they are $50 each! Crazy.

Sometimes I wish I could invent a time machine and go back to 1984/85 and raid my local Toy Warehouse (there was one near the Royal Oak roundabout in Auckland) and just buy everything...put them in cases and be a very rich man now. Ahhh if only we knew.

lol yeah mate - hindsight is a wonderful thing. I know a lot of people say "I wish I'd kept my transformers from when I was a kid" - in my case I only had Seaspray and Mixmaster lol - so not like I missed out on a fortune or any hard to get models.

A good friend got a lot of his collection in a similar way to you, asking friends or getting online before prices went way up. He doesn't buy much anymore due to prices.

And yep collection envy (or envy in general) isn't a great thing - best to just admire and be happy you got to see the other collection. I've got an ok collection - only been collecting a year and a half maybe - started way to late!.

Been much fun but still got quite away to go and it's certainly pricey. I have around 60 G1 figues - a few (maybe 6) MIB, a bunch of nice minty loose ones, and a few average ones. Main two I want right now that I don't have are Shockwave and Trypticon. Try finding a Shockwave for sale in New Zealand lol.

I'd be most happy if I could get the cast of the first 3 seasons in nice condition - to try and double or triple every figure up now days, with prices as they are, is just too tall a mountain. Still very neat to see somebody has managed it! Those photos of yours are very very cool 8) .

AFA grade/MISB is a whole different level, you need very deep pockets for that. I like to display mine out of the box anyway lol. Transformers collecting has such a deep range, you really could go on collecting just about forever.

Heroic Autobot

Postby tilallareone » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:37 am

Chris wrote:I'd be most happy if I could get the cast of the first 3 seasons in nice condition - to try and double or triple every figure up now days, with prices as they are, is just too tall a mountain. Still very neat to see somebody has managed it! Those photos of yours are very very cool 8) .

AFA grade/MISB is a whole different level, you need very deep pockets for that. I like to display mine out of the box anyway lol. Transformers collecting has such a deep range, you really could go on collecting just about forever.

Thanks for your thoughts and comments. Yeah the AFA game is a pretty expensive business.

The ones I have so far are Huffer and Sunstreaker.
Last edited by tilallareone on Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

Decepticon Warlord

Postby buyaball » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:54 am

hey your collection looks great...the only thing that bothers me is that optimus prime does not belong with that box :(

the box is TM pre registered but your optimus prime has stickers inside the carriage/trailer it should have metal plates and there should be some holes on the outside where the hooks hold the plates in place

other then that your collection is very impressive :D

don't click this link...

If you watch Titanic backwards, It is a heart warming tale of a ship which jumps out of the water & saves lots of drowning people.

Heroic Autobot

Postby tilallareone » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:25 am

buyaball wrote:hey your collection looks great...the only thing that bothers me is that optimus prime does not belong with that box :(

the box is TM pre registered but your optimus prime has stickers inside the carriage/trailer it should have metal plates and there should be some holes on the outside where the hooks hold the plates in place

Ahh, interesting. I bought this at a Botcon, and already have another MIB Optimus...maybe the correct one is in there...maybe not. Can't remember if I swapped them out or not. Peter signed both the trailer and the box...unfortunately in the same position, so I remember putting a different trailer in at least one of the boxes so I could display both with the signature. So its either that, or the seller at Botcon swapped out for a better looking Prime. Tis no matter.

Good spotting though! :) Yeah!!

Faction Leader

Postby [omega] » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:27 pm

I love G1 Transformers and its so cool to see a complete set of them all, I guess money don't mean much when your collecting something you enjoy.

:D if they were mine I would build a separate room to safe guard them from my kids

Gestalt

Postby Chris » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:21 pm

buyaball wrote:hey your collection looks great...the only thing that bothers me is that optimus prime does not belong with that box :(

Only you would spot that Shane lol. Is there anything about G1 transformers you don't know mate.

Gestalt

Postby Chris » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:24 pm

tilallareone wrote:
Chris wrote:I'd be most happy if I could get the cast of the first 3 seasons in nice condition - to try and double or triple every figure up now days, with prices as they are, is just too tall a mountain. Still very neat to see somebody has managed it! Those photos of yours are very very cool 8) .

Thanks for your thoughts and comments. Yeah the AFA game is a pretty expensive business.

These are the ones I have so far - Huffer and Sunstreaker :

Nice...
how much was each one if I can ask?

PreviousNext

Return to General TF Toy Discussion