Tilallareone Collection Pics - Season 1 G1

General talk about Transformers figures from any era.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: TILALLAREONE COLLECTION PICS - SEASON 1 G1 *PIC INTENSIVE!*

Postby jay » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:19 pm

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! i nearly cried when i saw this! :lol: This is one awesome collection!! Nice work man! I've nearly finished my cassette collection, only 3 to go!! :D
Wants
G1 Gruafi, Noizu, Saur and Dairu! (Super rare jap exclusive tapes!), Ratbat, Buzzsaw, Rewind, Ravage Reflector, Devestator, Bruticus, Soundwave
Beast Wars Tigertron
RID Scourge
jay
Mini-Con

Postby tilallareone » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:47 pm

JimCamel wrote:
tilallareone wrote:After a while I decided that I wanted to go Mint in Box....but didn't have the money to buy them all in one (Box, bubble, Toy and accessories in one hit) - so I just trawled ebay for second hand 'G1 box only' auctions - and spent the past few years buying them up for varying prices (got some really good deals and paid more than I should have for some too).

The final part was finding someone who did good quality fake bubbles/inserts. I've been bleating on about wanting them for about 3 or 4 years now...and I FINALLY found someone who did it. And better still he did most of the 84-86 line (creating a nice replica Bubble, and also providing the makeshift cardboard inserts and backing). Unfortunately he took about 8 months to send me what I ordered....and long after I had given up on ever receiving them - they finally came in my mailbox.

I've actually very seriously considered doing this myself, more so just to protect the toys than anything. If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost for the inserts and stuff to be made? I don't know if I'd go as far as buying the boxes on ebay (though I have considered it), rather just seeing if I can find scans (of at least the front of the box) and making some up. Awesome collection regardless.

1 (possible) nitpick, I'm pretty sure what you're calling Bumblejumper is more commonly known as Bumper, from my understanding Bumblejumper is generally considered red Bumblebee, Cliffbee is Yellow Cliffjumper, and Bumper is the other mold. Very cool that you have him anyway, For some reason he's one of the favourites in my collection.

Hey Jim,

1) Not all the bubble inserts are fake - but I got a good bunch of the 84/85 ones for about $5-$10US each. Which ain't bad considering how much they go for usually! I've seen ones like Jazz (original) go for $50+ on ebay...thats JUST for the insert....which is just plain crazy when you think about it!!

2) Ah yep regarding the name. Maybe I'm behind on the terminology but back in the old days (maybe 3 or 4 years ago) - it was always referred to as Bumblejumper. Its only relatively recently (with the comics I think) that everyones decided on Bumper as a more appropriate name. The two auctions I brought him off referred to him as Bumblejumper. I even have a TF identification guide that refers to him as Bumblejumper (with Bumper only in brackets - think they are pretty interchangeable). But that guide was done in like 2002...so there you go. If he's called Bumper now by most of the fandom, then I guess we'll call him Bumper :) Like you say - He's cool regardless. And bloody hard to get a hold of as well for a decent price. Would you believe I got my minty one for $40 US from wheeljackslab? It had red pen mark on it (I guess thats why no-one else bid...) I just cleaned it off with nail polish remover and he's good as new! My duplicate was a junker though....I just had to take him apart and put some bumblebee arms on him and give him a new head (which you'll never see cos he's always going to be displayed in vehicle mode) to make him complete.
tilallareone
Heroic Autobot

Postby tilallareone » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:53 pm

s4turn wrote:Have you got the 85 series as well? smokescreen, grapple, skids etc

as mentioned previously... thats a very impressive collection to own!
I wouldnt even consider selling it :)

I still cant get over how good condition your g1's are in.

Yep...as mentioned I have them too. I've got a complete Season 2 series just like the Season 1 pics -all with duplicates, boxes and bubbles and everything. I've just taken about a million photos though which I still need to sort through and upload....but I will put them up....it might not be for a couple of weeks though.

I did the Season 3 first because there were a lot less pics. I'll get to Season 2 though... soon hopefully.
tilallareone
Heroic Autobot

Postby s4turn » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:16 pm

amazing collection you have

sure you dont want to sell any double ups? :P
s4turn
Headmaster City

Postby JimCamel » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:40 pm

Ah okay, that's probably not a bad price, though my guess is that with the economy as it is now shipping on that would be killer. Maybe I'll just see if I can get some polystyrene and cut out TF shaped holes in them. I don't care if they're not accurate to the originals, I would just like to have some way to safely store them in case I need to move them.

As far as Bumper goes, I got my one about 4 years ago, I used to call him Bumblejumper myself until I asked a question on an auction for one and the seller basically tore me a new one for calling him that and insisted that his name was Bumper. Safe to say I didn't buy off that guy, ended up getting one from someone else. I think I got mine for $25US, but I lucked out on that one. How'd you buy off Wheeljackslab? Money Order, or did you get it a while ago? I used to do a lot of business with him back when Bidpay was around and he accepted that, but I was kind of pissed that after all the money I spent buying things off him he wouldn't let me pay via paypal after bidpay shut down.
Wanna help? Check out my accessories want list.
The proud owner of all the US G1 Transformers :D
JimCamel
Headmaster City

Postby tilallareone » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:41 pm

s4turn wrote:amazing collection you have

sure you dont want to sell any double ups? :P

Heh...maybe one day. I actually have a box of junkers/triple/quadruples that I'll get rid of at some point. I've got about 5 Prowl's with busted windscreens.... I can't sell at the mo though cos I'm out of the country. Maybe in a year or two.
tilallareone
Heroic Autobot

Postby tilallareone » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:47 pm

JimCamel wrote:Ah okay, that's probably not a bad price, though my guess is that with the economy as it is now shipping on that would be killer. Maybe I'll just see if I can get some polystyrene and cut out TF shaped holes in them. I don't care if they're not accurate to the originals, I would just like to have some way to safely store them in case I need to move them.

As far as Bumper goes, I got my one about 4 years ago, I used to call him Bumblejumper myself until I asked a question on an auction for one and the seller basically tore me a new one for calling him that and insisted that his name was Bumper. Safe to say I didn't buy off that guy, ended up getting one from someone else. I think I got mine for $25US, but I lucked out on that one. How'd you buy off Wheeljackslab? Money Order, or did you get it a while ago? I used to do a lot of business with him back when Bidpay was around and he accepted that, but I was kind of pissed that after all the money I spent buying things off him he wouldn't let me pay via paypal after bidpay shut down.

Heh! Some fans are just too hardcore for their own good! Thats what I really like about this forum...maybe its a kiwi thing but we're pretty down to earth and don't jump all over people for making small mistakes. We politely point things out...we don't destroy people for getting something a bit wrong. Not like the American ones...jeez!

Regarding the bubbles...I'm really sure that there is an economical way to do them yourself...I just haven't found it. You'd just need a really good plastic vacuum or something. I'm sure it'd take some trial and error but if someones done it in America...you can bet others will follow. I actually tried to post a link to that guy's website I brought them off...but its mysteriously disappeared...weirdness... Maybe he pissed off more people with his Slloooooooooow service and got shut down.

I still have my Cartoon Allstars to the Rescue by the way Jim...GOLDEN viewing that...hahah! :) Still can't get over Alvin, Simon and Theadore talking about "Mariggggggwaaahhhhnaaah"
tilallareone
Heroic Autobot

Postby tilallareone » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:54 pm

Oh and regarding Wheeljackslab... I always paid cash. Risky I know and I got burned a couple of times...but it worked for me because for a long time I didn't have a credit card...and like you say...his terms are ridiculous so you can't even pay via paypal now without a confirmed address...which sucks.

He is/was the biggest douchebag ever, but he's been instrumental in the collection you see above. I've brought mostly from him. The buynow option (he rarely uses it now...but he did heaps in the past) was the best option for me as I was CONSTANTLY being outbid at the last second by like 1 cent by some bastard on auctions that finished at like 3am NZ time. I've been able to get good quality items too. And pretty much all the G1 boxes. If you want a G1 box...buy from him. Although prices have certainly gone up.

I remember getting my Metroplex box for $2.35. Yep its wasted and beat up...but 2 bucks for it! What a score! Heh :) The most I've ever paid for a box was $50.00 for Thundercracker. And that was cos I put a max bid of $50 so that I'd definitely win it. Well some bastard actually bid $49 before giving up! I was pretty pissed off to pay that amount for a stupid box...but was desperate to get it to complete my 1984 sweep of MIB.
tilallareone
Heroic Autobot

Postby JimCamel » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:23 pm

Yeah, even our resident know-it-all smartass O86 isn't that annoying... sometimes :P (He knows I kid).

I suppose you could probably do it by pressing the figures into one of those soft foam things, fill the dent with plaster of paris, and then use that to vacuum form plastic. We did something kinda similar in high school, but I'd say it'd still be pretty expensive, especially since it'd be such a small marker in NZ for them.

Did I give you a copy of Cartoon All Stars? I still have it floating around on DVD somewhere too. Once I found that my next internet 1980's holy grail was the Plastercine stop motion The Adventures of Mark Twain, which I eventually found as well. Good times :)

I can understand Wheeljackslab being somewhat anal around people he don't know, but I'd spent hundreds of dollars with him, you'd think the least he could do is be nice to his more regular customers. I guess it's a case of we need him more than he needs us, so he thinks he can just treat us like crap.

As far as those last minute bids, there's a website, www.auctionsniper.com which does it for you. I've used it a few times, as bad as I feel about using it, when everyone else cheats, the only way to make things fair is to cheat yourself sometimes.
Wanna help? Check out my accessories want list.
The proud owner of all the US G1 Transformers :D
JimCamel
Headmaster City

Postby s4turn » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:29 pm

interesting... about wheeljackslab

I too have spent lots of money with him.. and his delivery fee's are ridiculous as i just order little parts from him

I also have that problem now on ebay.. people outbidding me at the last minute and stupid auction closing times...
Im just starting out on ebay :( and everything seems to be getting more expensive now :( esp for MIB transformers... usually between $100 us - $500 + easily
s4turn
Headmaster City

Postby tilallareone » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:42 pm

Yeah I've thought about auctionsniper...but I always found it kind've dodgy that you gave them your ebay login and everything... I'm not sure I'm happy with the 3rd party having access to my account.

I'm surpised O86 hasn't posted here. What a troublemaker he is. I'm surprised he hasn't deleted this post. What a sad guy. Always so knowing about everything. :)

Yeah Cartoon allstars all the way.... I love getting those pieces of childhood back.

I'm sure someone here will eventually do their own bubbles. And hopefully sell to the rest of us. I'm not industrious enough. Maybe someone who works in a plastics/toy factory? Damn, I wish I worked in a toy factory. Especially one of these ones in China that does the 'unofficial' reissues making the exact same molds and everything....
tilallareone
Heroic Autobot

Postby tilallareone » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:29 am

Now I've got all 3 seasons up in this forum.
tilallareone
Heroic Autobot

Postby onslaught86 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:49 am

'Nice'.

That's..about the most appropriate thing that springs to mind, that is. I reckon it means so much more that you've gone to the trouble of doing it all yourself and investing so much time and effort into it instead of just buying lots of boxed stuff from evilBay, you really do get out what you put in to a hobby like this one.

Shall post more after boosting off to work!
onslaught86
Child of Primus

Postby tilallareone » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:59 pm

Nice seems to be a favourite comment. That and I particularly like stuff like "Wow, I just crapped my pants". Heh :)
tilallareone
Heroic Autobot

Postby tilallareone » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:03 pm

More here :

SEASON 1 UPGRADES/ADDITIONS

1984 SIDESWIPE BOX UPGRADE

1984 HOUND BOX UPGRADE (NO FLAP CREASE)

1984 JAZZ BOX UPGRADE (MINIMAL FLAP CREASE)

1984 BLUESTREAK BOX UPGRADE (NO FLAP CREASE)

1984 MIRAGE BOX UPGRADE

[size=150]NO FLAP CREASE 1984 PROWL MIB

BETTER CONDITION 1984 RATCHET MIB

BETTER CONDITION 1984 SUNSTREAKER MIB

1984 GEARS WITH CARDBACK[/size]

1984 WINDCHARGER WITH CARDBACK AND BUBBLE

FAMILY OF SHOCKWAVES (All Originals)

tilallareone
Heroic Autobot

PreviousNext

Return to General TF Toy Discussion