Top 10 of 2018

General talk about Transformers figures from any era.

Moderator: Moderators

Pretender

Top 10 of 2018

Postby Thatotherguy » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:12 am

Slightly early, but the year is quickly drawing to a close. Now is a good opportunity to look back at another wonderful year of collecting and decide which of your purchases were absolute smash hits.

How this works:
1) List your top figures below. List can, but doesn’t have to, include photos and a description.
2) Only figures purchased in 2018 can be listed. This doesn’t mean they have to have been released this year though.
3) Not exclusive to Transformers. I know many of us collect other things, so feel free to include them on your list.
Last edited by Thatotherguy on Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gestalt

Re: Top 10 of 2018

Postby Good_Riddance » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:29 pm

Thatotherguy wrote:Slightly early, but the year is quickly drawing to a close. Now is a good opportunity to look back at another wonderful year of collecting and decide which of your purchases were absolute smash hits.

So, drop your top 10 list below. Feel free to include pictures and quick description of why that figure made your list. Happy to open this up to include non-tf figures.

I'm gonna have to go back and figure out what I got this year! I feel like you'll recognise a fair chunk of it :lol:

Pretender

Postby Thatotherguy » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:39 pm

I know there's another potential list maker on the way, but for the sake of kicking this off:

10) BMB Dinobots

I had no interest in the POTP versions of these, but this crazy colour scheme absolutely won me over. Wish Hasbro did more weird stuff like this. Incredibly fun team.

9) TFM Motormaster

I was a bit late to the party with these. The alt modes on all of TFM's Stunticons are amazing and Motormaster, IMO, is the most impressive of the bunch

8) WFC Cog

Whoever had the idea to make Cog capable of splitting into weapons that can be used by everyone else in the line deserves a massive promotion

7) BMB Grimlock

Really liked the Studio Series version, but it wasn't quite the size I needed for my collection. This fixes that. And he looks bloody impressive on a shelf

6) Neoarts Black Lio Convoy

This guy is a work of art. Beautiful use of paint and diecast, and absolutely spoiled with accessories. As a bonus ShowZ even included a KO PE Ratbat.

5) TR Blot

Blot is love, Blot is life

4) WFC Sideswipe

He's like a mini MP12, but with the bonus of being a super playable deluxe figure

3) Thunder Manus

Looks like a Boss and has tonnes of playability

2) MP Dinobot

When MP Beast Wars became a thing I hoped they would finally be able to give Dinobot the figure he deserves. This went above and beyond that any expectations I had

1) Challenger

As soon as I saw this guy I knew I had to have him. Easily my most anticipated release of the year
Last edited by Thatotherguy on Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gestalt

Postby Good_Riddance » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:08 pm

I've got a couple of things arriving next week hopefully... Will knock something out once they arrive!

Pretender

Postby Thatotherguy » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:53 am

Good_Riddance wrote:I've got a couple of things arriving next week hopefully... Will knock something out once they arrive!

Sweet as, looking forward to it

TFNZ Administrator

Postby Zippo » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:23 pm

The last few years I have a) imported toy, b) opened toy, c) put toy in storage tub, d) put storage tub in storage

None of the Transformers have ever been .. transformed, so I have no idea what any of these toys are like anymore.

Autobot Commander

Postby Mr.Deflok » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:01 pm

Zippo wrote:The last few years I have a) imported toy, b) opened toy, c) put toy in storage tub, d) put storage tub in storage

None of the Transformers have ever been .. transformed, so I have no idea what any of these toys are like anymore.

Sounds really sad.

Headmaster City

Postby loismustdye » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:32 pm

Mr.Deflok wrote:
Zippo wrote:The last few years I have a) imported toy, b) opened toy, c) put toy in storage tub, d) put storage tub in storage

Sounds really sad.

Sounds like what happens with mine at the moment as well unfortunately :cry:
no sig as photobucket nerfed it all
# of TF's: I don't have the patience to count them all
# of GIJoe: I've lost count

Return to General TF Toy Discussion