New Zealand and Power of the Primes.

General talk about Transformers figures from any era.

Moderator: Moderators

Faction Leader

New Zealand and Power of the Primes.

Postby Damolisher » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:56 pm

So it seems everywhere I go, places are stocking waves of the new Cyberverse line while having next to nothing in the way of Power of the Primes nowadays. That's weird considering I've seen nothing past wave 2 and I've seen little in the way of any voyagers past Starscream or Grimlock. Now I know we missed out on a lot of the really cool stuff which came out in Titans Return, i.e. no Overlord, Sky Shadow, Sixshot or Trypticon, but have we honestly been screwed over this hard on Power of the Primes or is it a wait and see type of thing? Because surely that wouldn't be curtains after what, 6 or 7 months if that on shelves?
"I'm crazy, you're crazy, the whole world's crazy. It's just to which degree you're crazy."- Terry Funk

Autobot Commander

Re: New Zealand and Power of the Primes.

Postby Mr.Deflok » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:11 pm

This is New Zealand :(

Buyers stock what doesn't sell and when they do they buy too much wave 1, not enough wave 2, then never restock wave 2 again nor ever stock wave 3.

It's a cycle...

Faction Leader

Postby Damolisher » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:55 pm

It's a depressing pattern. It's one I wish either retailers or Hasbro or whomever is responsible would break.
"I'm crazy, you're crazy, the whole world's crazy. It's just to which degree you're crazy."- Terry Funk

Headmaster City

Postby Spike » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:22 pm

We got Trypticon. And weren't the terrorcons wave 3?
But I take your point. I really wanted to get an Optimal Optimus.
Spike's want list
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12376

Heroic Autobot

Postby megatronacepticon » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:30 am

The Terrorcons were Wave 3 and if I recall correctly we were the first place in the world to get them. Doesn't look like we're going to see Novastar or the third set of Prime Masters however, which is unfortunate.

Micromaster

Postby LinkNZ » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:24 am

I gave up waiting for the wave 2 voyagers and just imported, getting pretty close to doing the same for wave 3 Prime Masters which I really want... as soon as I find somewhere to import them I'll do it. Novastar too.

NZ stock suuuucks, every shelf is full of Cyberverse junk now that'll sit there forever meanwhile the small amounts of PotP stuff they put out went quickly. F'n geniuses right there. :roll:

Few months ago I was hoping for restocks of some of the older ones lolol what a joke. Doesn't even look like we're getting new things now let alone restocks ever.

Enjoy probably looking at Cyberverse and then Bumblebee movie crap until next year. :cry:

Heroic Autobot

Postby megatronacepticon » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:20 pm

Bumblebee movie at least has proper Legion figures that actually transform properly.

Faction Leader

Postby Damolisher » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:47 pm

Spike wrote:We got Trypticon. And weren't the terrorcons wave 3?

You must be getting different stuff than we're getting in my part of the country bruv because I've seen only Hungrrr as far as Terrorcons go and well, yeah, we got Trypticon technically but I don't have the spare vital organs to sell on the black market to afford Toyworld prices. lol.

Headmaster City

Postby Spike » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:32 pm

Damolisher wrote:

You must be getting different stuff than we're getting in my part of the country bruv because I've seen only Hungrrr as far as Terrorcons go and well, yeah, we got Trypticon technically but I don't have the spare vital organs to sell on the black market to afford Toyworld prices. lol.

You got Hun-grrr? If you find one then nab one for me. We got the limbs but not the main bot here.

Weird distribution.
Spike's want list
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12376

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:03 pm

ive never seen hun gurrr ether how long ago, if its recent maybe there is hope yet

Faction Leader

Postby Damolisher » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:02 pm

Spike wrote:
Damolisher wrote:

You got Hun-grrr? If you find one then nab one for me. We got the limbs but not the main bot here.

Weird distribution.

Sorry, I'm a moron. Rippersnapper is the one I've seen, not Hungrrr. Don't know what I was thinking saying Hungrrr. I must have been Hungrrry.

Heroic Autobot

Postby megatronacepticon » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:36 pm

We've had the following distribution:
Titan Masters Wave 1-2
Legends Wave 1-2 in stores with Wave 3 appearing on Toyco
Deluxe Waves 1, 3 and finally 2 dropping in a few places
Voyager Wave 1 only, which is complete garbage since that's the wave Hun-Grrr is in, meaning that lots of kids will never get to finish Abominus
Leaders Wave 1 and 2

Why did it have to be the Voyagers that we didn't get past Wave 1?

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:32 pm

honestly everyone at this point get hungurrr from over seas its past a joke and if you dont move now you are likely to miss out, cant say we didnt give hasbro new zealand a bloody good chance to bring it in, i would also look at anything wave 3 we have not got yet.

my rule of thumb is if takara gets there version out before it hits our shelves its not going to hit our shelves

Faction Leader

Postby Damolisher » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:26 pm

Yeah, I'm at a point now where I'm thinking of going Stateside if there's something I want really badly. Hell, I had to get Combiner Wars Ultra Magnus through Amazon and it cost me 20 bucks less even after postage.

Gestalt

Postby Good_Riddance » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:30 pm

Damolisher wrote:Yeah, I'm at a point now where I'm thinking of going Stateside if there's something I want really badly. Hell, I had to get Combiner Wars Ultra Magnus through Amazon and it cost me 20 bucks less even after postage.

Yeah man I got mine via ebay I think for about $60nz? Chinese sellers and free postage help :lol:

Next

Return to General TF Toy Discussion