MP Dinobot

General talk about Transformers figures from any era.

Moderator: Moderators

Micromaster

MP Dinobot

Postby Fan-of-Cool-Stuff-27 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:31 pm

Has anyone preordered from HLJ (Hobby Link Japan) before? I'm pretty tempted to try preorder MP Dinobot but I've never dealt with HLJ or perordering before.

Could someone please give me pointers?

Thanks,
F-O-C-S-27
On the hunt for on-screen Movieverse TF figures, Unicron Trilogy figures and RiD 2001 figures.

If you are willing to sell any of these to me or want to know what I'm specifically after just message me and let me know it would be much appreciated.

Instagram: fanofcoolstuff27_nz

F-O-C-S-27

Headmaster City

Re: MP Dinobot

Postby Spike » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:22 pm

HLJ is awesome. I try to use them whenever possible. Otherwise I stick with chimungmung . rob toy base.

Just STAY AWAY from Premium Collectables.
Spike's want list
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12376

Decepticon Warlord

Postby NKF » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:22 pm

Some of us are indeed HLJ regulars. Experiences will vary, but I've always had excellent service from them.

My main advice with HLJ specifically is that if you want something, and I mean really want something, pre-order as soon as you can. A lot of popular items don't get restocked very often. If at all in the case of TF MP's. This does apply to any store, but I place extra emphasis on it with HLJ.

For general online purchasing advice, set yourself up with a debit or credit card if you don't yet have one. Then get a Paypal account and link the card to it and use it as your preferred pay option when placing your orders. It's certainly not the only way to pay, but it's handy to have as many online shops make use of Paypal as a transaction medium.

One thing to note is that many online shops like HLJ only process the payment at the time the item is released. If you are using a debit card, make sure you have a safety buffer on hand to cover any sudden changes at the time the payment is made.

It's definitely a good idea to have a few alternative stores you can fall back on and not have HLJ as your only option. I like to use Amiami and Hobbysearch. They have their pros and cons, but do carry a similar range of products as HLJ.

- NKF
Crura Fish!

Pretender

Postby Thatotherguy » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:38 am

I also back HLJ as a great site. Easy to manage pre orders and quick to ship things when they arrive.

If you want to pay up front and lock in a price early then I would recommend Anime-export. Usually a bit cheaper, but a bit trickier to cancel orders.

TFNZ Moderator

Postby Subria » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:15 am

HLJ have been in the industry for years (I was using them well over 15 years ago) - and perfectly great to deal with it. You should have no issues pre-ordering with them, but they will not undervalue for customs purposes. ;)

This Moderator is no longer resident.

Return to General TF Toy Discussion