A guide to modern G1 collecting in New Zealand

General talk about Transformers figures from any era.

Moderator: Moderators

Faction Leader

A guide to modern G1 collecting in New Zealand

Postby iceman » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:59 pm

--
Last edited by iceman on Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Targetmaster

Re: A guide to modern G1 collecting in New Zealand

Postby Defensor » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:25 pm

Just 1 question - maybe you've been asked it before, but what do you think about insurance for a collection such as yours?

Loss to fire / theft / loose puppy / kids / Earthquake. These are real risks on a variable scale for the discerning collector.

Notwithstanding the fact that losses for high quality MISB would be extremely difficult to replace like for like, is getting insurance viable if only to get a monetary replacement?
Overcoming a "Distinct Tactical Deficiency" one Transformer at a time

Faction Leader

Postby iceman » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:46 am

That is a very good question that deserves answering. I actually had another 2 parts planned for this. One was based on more in depth collecting tactics, based on the fact that typically collectors have the natural consumer traits of wanting time - (wanting something now) quality, and at a good cost. The second part is to be based on the topic of "worth" which does include the topic of insurance, and/or appraisals etc.

Unfortunately since the initial post I am back to starting work Monday to Thursday at 4:30 am and heading home around 8:30ish PM. Time is of the essence, of which I will need to dedicate some in order for an accurate and well measured write-up.

If there is a strong enough demand for the rest I will try to free some weekend morning hours up over the coming 2 weeks to oblige the request.

Regards, Nick.

TFNZ Administrator

Postby jiptravolta » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:11 am

Great read Iceman, hope you find the time to post the other parts. Also, stickied :)

Return to General TF Toy Discussion