Third Party Transformers Products

General talk about Transformers figures from any era.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Third Party Transformers Products

Postby megatronacepticon » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:28 am

Can't say I blame Hasbro on this one. Unicron is clearly their big ticket item of the decade and anything that might detract from sales is a bad thing as far as they're concerned. Most third party toys are either high-end or representations of toys they didn't make anyway, but in the case of Unicron here it's direct competition in a way that could conceivably damage profits from Hasbro's Unicron, who I'm sure wasn't cheap to design and engineer.

It's more likely unfortunate timing than anything else since I would assume Zeta Unicron was in production long before Hasbro Unicron was revealed.
megatronacepticon
Heroic Autobot

Postby jiptravolta » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:54 pm

My workmate saw the HasLab Unicron in person at SDCC - he said that it looked too far along to be a prototype. Our assumption is that Hasbro has already had the tooling done - and for such a large figure it would astronomical. Then add the costs from design...Hasbro has invested a lot already.
jiptravolta
TFNZ Administrator

Postby Zant » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:17 am

After taking a few years off from collecting, I've come back with much interest in the MMC studio Ox version of Bruticus. Where do you guys suggest us kiwis grab third party products these days? I see some of my favorite Hong Kong stores are going through a rough patch considering the latest in the news.
Zant
Micromaster

Postby MightyMattReidMob » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:42 am

Yeah I'm into it as well blast off looks a bit strange but impetus is great in all modes I'm just iffy about the connection point for combined mode
I got my impetus from ohmyprimus they're pretty good
I just got my swindle from robotoybase because I couldn't wait
MightyMattReidMob
Mini-Con

Postby Good_Riddance » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:57 am

I use Mohock Collectibles for what I can get locally, then showzstore for a lot of my stuff. Decent prices when you consider shipping is usually like $1 for most items. I also use tfs-express, and occasionally BBTS if I have to
Good_Riddance
Gestalt

Postby Zant » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:11 pm

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll go though and check out some price comparisons. Really appreciate it.
Zant
Micromaster

Postby MightyMattReidMob » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:17 pm

A dollar for shipping?
Is it any good?
MightyMattReidMob
Mini-Con

Postby Good_Riddance » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:14 pm

I've shopped a bit with ShowZ in the last year or so and not had too many complaints. Generally really well packaged in poly boxes, however my MMC Saltus box did arrive a little banged up. I'd still recommend them though
Good_Riddance
Gestalt

Previous

Return to General TF Toy Discussion