Check your Siege Soundwave before you leave the store

General talk about Transformers figures from any era.

Moderator: Moderators

Check your Siege Soundwave before you leave the store

Postby Rextheman » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:29 pm

Okay, just to share my (and my mates) sad story of recent Siege line purchase.

I believe most of you guys already noticed wave 2 of Siege line randomly appeared in local shops and some lucky guys probably already bought.

I have spent last week shop around - Online order with Toyco, check all my local Farmers, Kmart, The warehouse etc....

I had zero problems with all others, wave1/wave2 from minicon team, target master and all other D/V/L class figures but the Soundwave had been a nightmare....

I'm not even joking, including myself, we have had in total 5 Soundwaves been found with issue from sealed box....by far the issue we have found were:
1) Missing weapen(s) - We had 1 missing both guns, and another one missing the grey colour gun.
2) Missing parts from weapon - The blue gun missing front cover (where you connects with the grey gun).
3) Leg part misplaced (The cover on the side of both legs)
4) Damaged parts (leg) - The foldable cover on the back side of leg was damaged out of box.

And I have had 3 of them, with issue 2, 3, 4....the worst part was each time when I returned to the shop trying to get a replacement, there's none left, I had to have a refund and hunt for other locations....

And today I finally found 1 from a warehouse branch, I opened the box right after I paid for it, found both guns were there, no leg was with side parts, then I thought I finally got a proper one and went back home....

When I tried to play with it tonight, I have realized I wasn't careful enough when I was checking, it had issue 2 & 4....seriously I am not joking....I was like "I had enough of this piece of shxt" and drove back to one of nearby warehouse at 9:30pm, return the bloody Soundwave and used the credit for few bags of cat food and litter......

I don't feel like that I could possibly get a Soundwave with no issue, probably will try to buy off Amazon when they have it back in stock or maybe wait for a complete second hand from someone...I fucking hate it!

I might suggest whoever lucky enough to see a Soundware in the shop and going to buy it that check the item carefully (probably transform once) before you walk out, this may save you a drive and some time lol....

Alright good everyone, fxxk Soundwave.
Rextheman
Mini-Con

Re: Check your Siege Soundwave before you leave the store

Postby _Bugg3rnaut_ » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:05 pm

I guess this is the reason I could only find Starscream. Could be a bad batch, the online reviewers don't seem to have these issues. Hope the Soundblaster repaint isn't the same...
_Bugg3rnaut_
Mini-Con

Postby Mr.Deflok » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:19 pm

Rextheman wrote:Alright good everyone, fxxk Soundwave.

Hey! Hate the game, not the (tape) playa.

Out of curiosity, where did you get your Soundwave(s) from?
Mr.Deflok
Autobot Commander

Postby Rextheman » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:44 pm

Warehouse in Auckland have small stock just arrived this week ($47)
Some Kmart may have it, very low chance (no price scanned in Kmart's system, their staff sold me one for $39 based on Mov 6 figures price but was with issue and I returned it).
Toyco just restocked them this week but thir special ends, now it is $55.
Also I have found on Trade Me there's a company called toyslo3r have them now for $46.
Rextheman
Mini-Con

Postby Mr.Deflok » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:00 pm

Rextheman wrote:Warehouse in Auckland have small stock just arrived this week ($47)
Some Kmart may have it, very low chance (no price scanned in Kmart's system, their staff sold me one for $39 based on Mov 6 figures price but was with issue and I returned it).
Toyco just restocked them this week but thir special ends, now it is $55.
Also I have found on Trade Me there's a company called toyslo3r have them now for $46.

Oh yip, but where did you get your faulty ones from?

I received mine from Toyco yesterday and it is perfect.
Mr.Deflok
Autobot Commander

Postby Good_Riddance » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:05 pm

Toyslov3r is toyco I think?
Good_Riddance
Gestalt

Postby _Bugg3rnaut_ » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:15 pm

I bought one from Toyco yesterday and it has 2 right hand missile pod panels covering the front in spaceship mode instead of a right and left. Impossible to tell in package.
_Bugg3rnaut_
Mini-Con

Postby Rextheman » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:50 pm

My faulty ones were pretty much from EVERYWHERE -

1x Toyco
2x Warehouse
1x Kmark

I finally got a perfect one (not even with loose shoulder) from warehouse in Albany.

And sad story is today I have found they started some toy sale that you can buy 1 get 1 for half price :-(

I feel pretty bad lol....
Rextheman
Mini-Con

Return to General TF Toy Discussion