Collecting goals 2019

General talk about Transformers figures from any era.

Moderator: Moderators

Gestalt

Collecting goals 2019

Postby Good_Riddance » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:08 pm

Given its a new year (and I'm trying to kill time in A&E haha) just wondering what collecting goals any of you might have for the year? Personally I'm heading toward the mostly MMC IDW stylised stuff, was a bit late to the boat so tracking down some of the sold out items could take a while. Also hoping to finish my seasons 1 & 2 cartoon autobot and decepticon casts. Let us know what you're looking forward to for the year!

Child of Primus

Re: Collecting goals 2019

Postby skydemolisher » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:22 pm

I'm looking at getting display shelving being made and going from there, maybe selling off stuff to make it more to what I "really" need as opposed to just having stuff for stuffs sake :P hahaha. It feels sad having stuff in crates, bags and boxes that aren't really being appreciated where they are.

I'm hoping to add some more Marvel Select stuff and round out the cooler collection of TF's ut it will depend on what shows up for us and all that.

In some ways I have hit the "What am I doing" part of life/collecting.
(D) For the Glory of the Decepticon Empire!!!!!!! (D)

TFNZ Administrator

Postby Zippo » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:38 pm

Just keeping up with Siege, Masterpiece and Takara Tomy EX Legends stuff will hurt my wallet since I am once again off to Europe mid year

Pretender

Postby Thatotherguy » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:59 pm

I’m looking forward to our house build finally coming to a finish so I can set up some proper display shelves again.

In terms off stuff I want; I’m going to cherry pick Siege stuff that appeals to me, pick up more of the T-Beast style stuff that a few 3P companies seem to be branching into, and pray Takara drops another MP Beast Wars reveal.

Headmaster City

Postby loismustdye » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:39 pm

Third party legends and anything that scales with it.
I’m over the mainline stuff and to a lesser extent MP scale as well, for m legends, legends plus is where it’s at and the next year we look spoiled for choice with options.

Also hoping to actually display some pieces later in the year when we upgrade the house to something newer and bigger.
no sig as photobucket nerfed it all
# of TF's: I don't have the patience to count them all
# of GIJoe: I've lost count

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:03 pm

This year my collecting is being cut right back, there is a few i wish to back track, but ultimately im thinking about buying the last bots i need for my chug collection as G1 toys, though that wont include scorp as good as g1 scorp is to get a complete one i could just buy maketoys pandus, something that is on my radar, outside of that im going to try save towards a house im tired of renting, I want a location i can call my own and finnally get custom shevling done so i can display my whole collection nicely and without worrying about dust

Minibot

Postby Nick92 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:40 am

Definitely want to keep up with the Siege line, loving it so far. Also need to sell a few bits and pieces that haven't come out of a storage box for a long time. Masterpiece Beast Wars are certainly something i'd like to get involved with......wallet permitting...Dinobot will have to be ticked off first if i can find him later in the year!

Gestalt

Postby IronhideTFX » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:08 am

omegaprime wrote:This year my collecting is being cut right back, there is a few i wish to back track, but ultimately im thinking about buying the last bots i need for my chug collection as G1 toys, though that wont include scorp as good as g1 scorp is to get a complete one i could just buy maketoys pandus, something that is on my radar, outside of that im going to try save towards a house im tired of renting, I want a location i can call my own and finnally get custom shevling done so i can display my whole collection nicely and without worrying about dust

Banker here - Make sure you have Kiwisaver, and increase payments to 8% (Default is 3 or 4). Get high interest savings account going and just have an AP going into that each pay and don't touch it (Infact disable internet banking on it).
I would highly recommend making an appointment with your bank for a chat, they can take you through scenarios (If you save X and house costs Y payments are Z). Just really helps to put things into perspective.

Collecting goals, MP, the occasional legend figure (They are excellent for outdoor toy photography), MAYBE some studio series (I can feel myself buckling for anything in the Bumblebee movie series), and some Siege (Omega and Skyfire look like they are going to scale with the MP line)

Return to General TF Toy Discussion