MP-09 Rodimus

General talk about Transformers figures from any era.

Moderator: Moderators

Gestalt

MP-09 Rodimus

Postby IronhideTFX » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:40 pm

Whats everyones thoughts on him? I heard that he will be getting a reissue with some QC problems addressed.
He just looks a bit odd in bot mode. We now have this fantastic Hot Rod mold, and i would love a Rodimus to go with Ultra Magus.
But i'm just put off by the photos. What is he like in hand?

Evil Decepticon

Re: MP-09 Rodimus

Postby Thatotherguy » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:00 pm

IronhideTFX wrote:Whats everyones thoughts on him? I heard that he will be getting a reissue with some QC problems addressed.
He just looks a bit odd in bot mode. We now have this fantastic Hot Rod mold, and i would love a Rodimus to go with Ultra Magus.
But i'm just put off by the photos. What is he like in hand?

I used to own it and had no problems with it. I did handle it more cautiously than usual, but apart from the fear of his knees exploding he was absolutely fine. He does look great next to Ultra Magnus. With all the 3P options now it would be easy to build a great movie display

TFNZ Administrator

Postby Zippo » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:35 pm

I'm looking forward to getting - will be left in vehicle mode
Sold the one I planed to open when I was unemployed and could never afford to purchase back again

Gestalt

Postby [omega] » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:50 pm

Reissue of Transformers Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy With Fixed Knees Coming in Late 2018
I never owned this but I definitely will when it comes out.
Looking forward to it.

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:15 am

I have both the first run takara rodimusprime and the hasbro one with target master, i admit he does have issues, ive found with mine i just need to hold his legs carefully while transforming him and ive never had any problems, though i dont let the ratchet joint do much work, in fact ive never trusted ratchet joints and have always taken great care with them, probably why mine hasnt needed knee surgery yet lol, the trailer is fun thing to have as well, you wouldnt think it would be such a cool bit, but it really is

Gestalt

Postby Good_Riddance » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:57 pm

For mine he looks pretty good... Plus I haven't managed to break him, and I'm not good at being delicate :lol:

Gestalt

Postby IronhideTFX » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:01 am

I think my issue is his Rodimus face just looks off. What does it look like in hand? Photos make it look kinda of.... stretched? It just doesn't seem like Rodimus.

Return to General TF Toy Discussion