Toy Style MP G2 Sideswipe + ANGRY Tigertrack

If you've got your own Transformers-related project going on, show it off here! Whether you're a wizz with Photoshop or pencil or have a fanfic you'd like to share, feel free to post it here! And if you're really excited about your latest TF purchase, let us know how awesome it is by posting a review.

Moderator: Moderators

Autobot Commander

Toy Style MP G2 Sideswipe + ANGRY Tigertrack

Postby Mr.Deflok » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:02 am

G2 Sideswipe was a toy I cherished as a kid. As I born in 1984 I kinda missed out on getting any G1's unless they were borrowed from my brother. I did get a few, but most were "you can play with them when I'm not and under close supervision".

So when I got my G2 Sideswipe I was enamoured by it.

I never read the G2 comics so wasn't too excited by the whole Yanigarrrrhhface so decided that when I get the MP toy I would modify it to represent the toy from my childhood as if it had grown with me.

And due to the faceswap Tigertrack is now MUCH more fierce.

Holding the G2 SS now feels like holding the toy from my youth. Quite a funny feeling, really.

TFNZ Moderator

Re: Toy Style MP G2 Sideswipe + ANGRY Tigertrack

Postby Muleac » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:12 am

That I have to say is actually a big improvement. The head swap suits both TFs. I especially think tigertrack suits that face.

I imagine him roaring as he transforms with that look on my face.

Autobot Commander

Postby Mr.Deflok » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:31 am

Muleac wrote:That I have to say is actually a big improvement. The head swap suits both TFs. I especially think tigertrack suits that face.

I imagine him roaring as he transforms with that look on my face.

Thanks, man! I was surprised at how good the Yaniger face looks on TT. Even the red accents translate well due to the red knees on TT.

Gestalt

Postby kevman12 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:27 pm

Muleac wrote:That I have to say is actually a big improvement. The head swap suits both TFs. I especially think tigertrack suits that face.

Ditto! The head swap is awesome!

Faction Leader

Postby [omega] » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:37 pm

I do like the photo work mate , probably leave mine the way it arrived in, but good idea to change faces :D

Evil Decepticon

Postby Astellan11 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:51 am

Mr.Deflok wrote:Holding the G2 SS now feels like holding the toy from my youth. Quite a funny feeling, really.

I had a similar experience, only ever had G1 hand-me-downs etc.

I found g2 Sideswipe at a DEKA in the far north during a family trip.
This was during Beast Wars when g2 wasn't in any other stores so it was a pretty sweet find.

He was always one of my favorites since he was probably the last addition to my childhood transformers collection.

I do like your headswap and missile repaint.
At the moment I don't own MP Tigertracks OR G2 Sideswipe so stealing your idea is very very tempting.

I dont know how they will fit into the MP lineup though. At the moment they're all strictly g1 cartoon toys :\
I also dont and probably never will want Black Prime, Acidstorm or Sunstorm for the same reason.
Wanted:
Mint "Euro g1" / g2 anything
aka Turbomasters, Predators, Obliterators, Axelerators, Skyscorchers, Aquaspeeders, Stormtroopers, Lightformers

Autobot Commander

Postby Mr.Deflok » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:06 am

I know what you mean! Nostaligia was the only reason I could justify this. Tigertrack I got to keep in alt mode just in case TT never get around to making a Sunstreaker.

If I need to put non-MP or non-cannon figures in my MP G1 collection I pretend they are "animation errors".

Return to Kitbash, Artwork, Fanfic and Reviews Forum