Decepticon Vanquish: Aston Martin DBR9

If you've got your own Transformers-related project going on, show it off here! Whether you're a wizz with Photoshop or pencil or have a fanfic you'd like to share, feel free to post it here! And if you're really excited about your latest TF purchase, let us know how awesome it is by posting a review.

Moderator: Moderators

Decepticon Vanquish: Aston Martin DBR9

Postby RotorstormNP » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:52 pm

Hey guys!

This is more of a teaser as I don't currently have a way of uploading pics (I visit the forum via phone and iPod) but as I am close to completion I thought I may as well post something. Some of you may remember the self-design, unnamed TF figure I started based on a WW2 Spitfire fighter plane:
During one of my particularly emo periods I tossed this promising build away but, inspired by DotM I decided to take the plunge and build another Transformer in robot mode, this time using as many kit parts as possible.

I decided on the Aston Martin DBR9 as I knew the local Toyworld had the kit in stock for cheap, and thought it would fit in the Bayverse quite well.

And then I start watching Prime and find out there's a Decepticon Aston Martin. What are the odds?!

But I kept at it anyway, trying to avoid any similar design cues with Knock Out. I've gone with British Racing Green with red detailing as I had an idea Vanquish - the name of a Decepticon Micromaster from 1991 and coincidentally another model of Aston Martin - would be like me: red headed with bipolar tendencies. I imagine he would be voiced by Malcolm McDowell, one of my favourite actors and quite capable of going from quiet and sinister to crazy in a heartbeat!

The model is about 93% Airfix 1:32 DBR9, with only some small parts in the head coming from an aircraft kit, his "fusion pistol" bashed from some Warhammer 40K weapons, and his skeleton from sprue. The rest is all from the original kit. My girlfriend gave me quite a telling-off when I mentioned the "skull" parts weren't from the Aston!

At the moment the legs have been attached to the torso and hopefully will have dried enough for me to attach the arms and head tomorrow.

I am very excited to show off this very tricky and time-consuming build to you all :-) Watch this space!
Cheers, Zac in Whanganui
RotorstormNP
Gestalt

Re: Decepticon Vanquish: Aston Martin DBR9

Postby Mr.Deflok » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:14 pm

Can't wait, man. There seem to be a lot of customisers here who don't show off their stuff. Keen to see your scratch.
Mr.Deflok
Autobot Commander

Postby RotorstormNP » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:39 pm

Photo taken on my phone about four hours ago.

'night all, more pics tomorrow.
Cheers, Zac in Whanganui
RotorstormNP
Gestalt

Postby RotorstormNP » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:51 pm

He stands! All limbs bar the left arm are in place, just need to figure out head position and how to do the fingers.....pics to follow once my phone's back from repair.
Cheers, Zac in Whanganui
RotorstormNP
Gestalt

Postby RotorstormNP » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:00 pm

Cheers, Zac in Whanganui
RotorstormNP
Gestalt

Postby RotorstormNP » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:29 pm

Finished! I think...

“There’s a fine line between genius and insanity….and it’s three astromiles behind me.”
Some call DECEPTICON VANQUISH unhinged. Even his immediate superior STARSCREAM recognises his short temper and quick-fire change of emotions. His skills in observation and infiltration more than make up for his shortcomings, however, and those keeping watch on the outer perimeter of AUTOBOT bases live in fear of the sound of his Fusion Pistol being cocked.

This is the Airfix 1/32 Aston Martin DBR9 racecar kit, with a skeleton of sprue (model kit parts "tree"), gun bashed from some Warhammer 40,000 Tau weapons, and the back of the head is from a 1/72 Curtiss P-40 fighter. The rest is all DBR9.
Cheers, Zac in Whanganui
RotorstormNP
Gestalt

Postby buyaball » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:24 pm

that's really cool considering its close to being made from scratch

don't click this link...

If you watch Titanic backwards, It is a heart warming tale of a ship which jumps out of the water & saves lots of drowning people.
buyaball
Decepticon Warlord

Postby RotorstormNP » Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:49 am

Thanks to Photobucket the pics are all gone but they're now on Flickr:
ImageAirfix 1/32 Aston Martin DBR9 by Zac Yates, on Flickr
ImageAirfix 1/32 Decepticon Vanquish 01 by Zac Yates, on Flickr
ImageAirfix 1/32 Decepticon Vanquish 02 by Zac Yates, on Flickr
ImageAirfix 1/32 Decepticon Vanquish 03 by Zac Yates, on Flickr
ImageAirfix 1/32 Decepticon Vanquish 04 by Zac Yates, on Flickr

Thanks to several moves he needs to be restored, but I'm inspired to do more, better-planned OCs in the future as I'm still a kit builder with a very healthy stash... :D
Cheers, Zac in Whanganui
RotorstormNP
Gestalt

Return to Kitbash, Artwork, Fanfic and Reviews Forum