SDCC 2016 News

If you have come across any news regarding the wide world of Transformers, post it here. Please do explain if it is confirmed news or just a rumour you have heard.

Moderator: Moderators

TFNZ News Crew

SDCC 2016 News

Postby omegaprime » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:07 pm

Its time for Sdcc 2016 and the pictures are just starting.

Last edited by omegaprime on Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Faction Leader

Re: SDCC 2016 Preview Night

Postby Monkey222 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:49 pm

Soundwave's face doesn't look near as stupid as previous pictures made it look.
WANTED: ROTF Lockdown, Classics Grimlock Missile, ROTF Stratosphere.

View my Trade Me listings: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Listings.aspx?member=2437745

Collection count is in! The grand total is 466 transformers!-20/06/2014

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:59 am

Day 2 has started all pictures will be added later but there in this folder for now

Official pics found here http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/07/21/san- ... ges-319928 Besides brainstorm there all renders :(

Voyager class Megatron with Doomshot
Legends class Bumblebee
Legends class Gnaw
Titan Master Sawback (called Lione in the file name, confirming the intended homage of this one)
Titan Master Overboard (called Overkill in the file name)
Deluxe class Brainstorm single carded release

Liokaiser
http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/07/21/sdcc ... ics-319926

Dezarus, Guyhawk, Fellbat (because you clearly can't have hell in the name anymore :( ), Ironbison, Drillhorn, and Ion Scythe. I miss Leozack, but Dezarus makes (slightly) more sense

Edit: Adding stuff to keep thread cleanish - Subria

Edit: omegaprime: lol heres what the toys look like :D

Back of package shows Sixshoot :)

combiner wars trailer

Last edited by omegaprime on Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:19 am, edited 8 times in total.

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:00 am

Just in case day 3 has more

TFNZ Moderator

Re: SDCC 2016 day 1

Postby Subria » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:06 am

First time I've really looked at the new Nosecone. Shittiest drill tank effort ever.

This Moderator is no longer resident.

TFNZ News Crew

Re: SDCC 2016 News

Postby omegaprime » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:42 am

that megatron is very tempting seeing him now like this helps me beleave the rumors of blitzwing coming off this mold even more

the orange lion is a surprise, a little disapointed that overkill is being done the way he is being done but i suppose at least hes geting something.
gnaw is going to be a must have i will import in a wave with him in it but only if it comes to NZ will i buy more.
bumblebee well he looks okay i guess still like my classic 1.0 verson more but i do want him for the whole scale thing espelly with all the minibots being done soon.
tiggerhappy being on the back of the megatron packageing gives me hope that all the targetmasters will be done with in this line.
sixshoot well from leaks we knew this one was coming he looks like hes going to be a fun leader class

liokaiser.

well this is certainly a interesting one, i am going to hold off on geting him for a weebit so i can work out what takara is going to do with him if they do something with him.

combiner wars mechina well im still up in the air about it, but its been comfermed for the countrys that do not have access to the gopro thing they will be able to view on youtube

Faction Leader

Postby [omega] » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:28 pm

I'm absolutely happy with this new line of titan return tfs.
Pitty my card has changed companies and was sent out the wrong master card.
So my pre orders were canceled and now I have to wait for a replacement.
These titans I'm gona keep them in their package.
Bee looks cool not so sure about Megs but gonna get him anyway.

Alpha Trion and Soundwave looks great :D

TFNZ Administrator

Postby Zippo » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:43 pm

I thought more would have been shown .. it seems that there are only a couple of waves of TR for 2016, and a lot of that is already out in the stores.

Legends Gnaw and the new Bumblebee look amazing
Aside from the bland grey, the new Voyager Megatron also looks great - though I hope Blitzwing is not the repaint as the older Blitzwing is already pretty good.
New Voyager Prime also looks pretty good from what I can see

As for the Combiners, Computron continues to look good and even though Sky Lynx into Dezuras really doesn't work, Lio Kaiser in general looks awesome as well

Gestalt

Postby kevman12 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:55 pm

WOW... did you guys see the official Sixshot! YEah boi!

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:10 pm

well everything new seen here is slated for 1/1/2017 release watched a video and seen the dates on it.

so it looks like this year is going to be rather small for tr releases, kinda makes sense they need to get rid of the Cw stock as well.

alright so these guys where on the list so that means possible futer releases are blitzwing from megatron highoctane from that optimusprime there is supposed to be a tidalwave mold that is shared with broadside as well, a rumored victorprime from alphatrions mold as well

that bumblebee mold is rumored to be the go to mold for the trottle bots as well, theres still the other casset bots and on top of that brawn and kickback are comeing.

so the other thing thats floating around is all the season 4 headmasters are going to be done besides scrop (who will get a titian class toy down the line) and all the target masters are going to be done with in the line as well, if all this is to beleaved then i think there is 2 waves this year and then next should be around 6 in total, with fastlane cloudraker and there deceptecon counterparts supposedly be done next year as well, this isnt going to leave much in the way of classic characters.

Heroic Autobot

Postby prowl is prime » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:43 pm

omegaprime wrote:well everything new seen here is slated for 1/1/2017 release watched a video and seen the dates on it.

so it looks like this year is going to be rather small for tr releases, kinda makes sense they need to get rid of the Cw stock as well.

Overseas online stores have already begun to get stock in of Hasbro's Titans wave 1 but currently have no information about wave 2. Brainstorm is rumoured/confirmed as an exclusive by himself not a part of any wave and is only listed at Robotkingdom with a shipping date of August. Takara's Titans have a release of August for wave 1 with the smaller Titans being paired up with larger figures. Brainstorm is part of a wave rather than an exclusive. Wave 2 is scheduled for November with figures like Astrotrain, Soundwave and Mindwipe being listed.

I would have thought at least 2 waves this year with New Zealand struggling to get off of wave 1 by Christmas but if overseas does too then what else is coming? The current movie is still filming/in production and RiD is about to begin their 3rd series? We already have 4 or 5th repainted Combiner Figures...But where's Hotrod and his mates?

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:29 pm

Hotrod wave is wave 1 2017.

Wave 1 nz is september apparently.
Wave 2 us is supposed to be then

Headmaster City

Postby Spike » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:23 pm

Wave 1 is September?? that's ridiculous. Anyone who wants them will have caved and ordered them online waaaay before then. Even the Takara ones would probably be out and people could get them sooner than the local released hasbro versions.

I know collectors supposedly only make up a small percentage of sales but to be honest, it is still dollars walking out of the door.

I'm usually the advocate for supporting local businesses first and foremost, but I just can't do it anymore. When you have to wait on average for the next quarter to get what is already released in other markets, then that makes it unappealing. Plus we get situations where they skip waves or only stock wave revisions and we end up with no stunticons again.

Sorry Warehouse, Farmers, Toyworld, Toyco and Whitcoulls, Hasbro distribution have lost you some business.
Last edited by Spike on Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spike's want list
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12376

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:25 pm

Spike wrote:Wave 1 is September?? that's ridiculous. Anyone who wants them will have caved and ordered them online waaaay before then. Even the Takara ones would probably be out and people could get them sooner than the local released hasbro versions.

I know collectors supposedly only make up a small percentage of sales but to be honest, it is still dollars walking out of the door.

Nope hasbro has admitted we make up over half of all sales worldwide now

Headmaster City

Postby Spike » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:33 pm

I've gotta think that for all the greatness and potential of Combiner Wars (who doesn't love combiners) I think that it kinda did more harm than good. Over reuse of molds, those crappy hand/feet guns and unreliable distribution. Oh and forced concepts such as prowl wave and wheel jack wave. Homage is one thing, wind charger, mirage, jazz combiner from Masquerade, but others were just trying to bleed the stone.

Liokaiser seems a huge stretch. The tanks and jets may fit but the torso is so desperate.

I will say though that G2 was great. But I see those as reasonable and homage. Even Tripredicus seemed desperate, though as a convention exclusive it gets a little grace.
Spike's want list
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12376

Next

Return to Transformers News/Rumours Section