Titans Return (Trypticon)

If you have come across any news regarding the wide world of Transformers, post it here. Please do explain if it is confirmed news or just a rumour you have heard.

Moderator: Moderators

Decepticon Warlord

Re: Titans Return (Trypticon)

Postby NKF » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:24 pm

I've just had the opportunity to open Legends Overlord and have a play with it. I'm rather pleased it has managed to avoid a lot of what has been putting me off the recent TF offerings. Then I noticed in the comic/instructions a hint at the ability to combine two Overlords.

I know the Legends comic are meant to be absurd and not taken seriously, but this was an idea worth exploring.

From what I can see, the front of the Megajet is indeed designed to act as a chest plate for Overlord. Also if you flip up the bit behind the head for that G1 toy Menasor shoulders look, a second Megajet appear it might be able to attach itself to the back by pegging into Overlord's lower back and opening the two air duct flaps and slotting them into shoulders. The pegs on the arms for each flap seem to line up with the slots on the shoulders.

So far the whole idea seems like it could work. But then falls down a bit with the Gigatank. From the comic, it's just the tank in its base mode configuration with the tank halves acting as feet extensions. However there doesn't seem to be any way to connect the tank halves to Overlord. I thought the bits that flip out from under the toes may have a role, but it doesn't seem to be the case. It may just be acting as a platform for Overlord to stand on.

Has anyone with access to two Overlords tested this?

- NKF
Crura Fish!

Previous

Return to Transformers News/Rumours Section