SDCC 2015

If you have come across any news regarding the wide world of Transformers, post it here. Please do explain if it is confirmed news or just a rumour you have heard.

Moderator: Moderators

TFNZ News Crew

SDCC 2015

Postby omegaprime » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:32 am

From TFW2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... ies-807464

Spinning out of SDCC, The Hollywood Reporter has broken news that a new Transformers animated series – one based on Combiner Wars – will be coming to Machinima. And this time… it will be aimed at older fans. Read on below for the full details:

“The Transformers are coming to Machinima.

Hasbro, the toy company-now-play brand, has partnered with the online gamer and video platform to produce a new animated series based on its Transformers: Combiner Wars line.

Combiner Wars is a storyline that has been playing out across Hasbro’s toys and IDW comic books for the past year and the upcoming Activision video game Transformers: Devastation.

Insiders say it’s the first time these many synergistic elements have been combined by Hasbro to tell an overall story.

Additionally, Habsro is giving something a segment of its large Transformers audience has been demanding for years, namely an animated series aimed at an older audience.

“Our audiences are huge fans of the toy, comics, movies and video games, and for us to continue the legend with the Combiner War is a unique story-telling opportunity,” said CCA Daniel Tibbets.

Said Hasbro’s senior vp of the Transformers franchise, Tom Warner: “(Machinima is) the perfect partner to help launch a totally new kind of Transformers animation—one that, for the first time ever, is specifically designed for the teen and adult fans who’ve grown up loving the Transformers brand.”

Without going to deep into the complexities of the Transformers universe, Combiner Wars saw groups of Transformers be able to combine into one giant robot, known as a Combiner. Superion and Menasor were among the new robots that held the fate of the Transformers’ homeworld Cybertron in their hands.”

quick look up if this is there animation i think we maybe in for something at least nice https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpu6yPAFHrs
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Generation 2 Menasor is confirmed. All five Stunticons are faithful to the unreleased set.
Both Menasor and Superion are set for a release in early 2016.
Next up is Victorion and her limbs.
Her torso is Pyra Magna, a Hot Spot remold.
The helicopters (Alpha Bravo remold) are Stormclash and Skyburst
The two race cars are Jumpstream, a Breakdown remold, and Dustup, who is the Dead End remold.
The set is rounded out with Legends Groove remold, Rust Dust.
Sold as a set with a poster and card. Out “sometime next year release”
Next up, a new combiner, named Betatron.
He is formed by a Voyager class Scattorshot, a heavy remold of Silverbolt. No word on individual Technobots – he’s intended to combine with existing toys.
Next up are the store exclusives.
Toys R Us is getting Masterpiece Bluestreak (available now) and Masterpiece Starscream in October.
Target is getting the Platinum edition Blaster and Perceptor set and Trypticon. Both of those coming to Target in August.

A Q&A session followed:0

No plans for Dinobots Combiner
No plans for Predaking, or beast combiners in general.
Cannot conform MP-28 is Hound
The reason for the differences between Hasbro and Takara’s Devastators was basically cost.
The reason for not doing Prowlastator was because Hasbro wanted to give fans a G1 version of Devastator.
No plans to make toys of the Decepticon Justice Division.

MpV2 Starscream Hasbro release

G2 superion

Victorion

G2 menasaur

Scattershoot

Now dont worry the deluxe arms are probably wave 3 or worse comes to worse takara will save the day.

Last edited by omegaprime on Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:43 pm, edited 11 times in total.

TFNZ News Crew

Re: SDCC 2015

Postby omegaprime » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:33 pm

RID
maybe kreo
and other

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:35 pm

Well the more i look at the white prime the more i looks forward to geting him he will work well with extra deluxes lol.

the wave 2 2016 bunch look alright not as good as there prevous toys but still looks alright

Faction Leader

Postby Monkey222 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:18 pm

I reckon it'd be nice to get a red Hotspot and some autobot brothers.
WANTED: ROTF Lockdown, Classics Grimlock Missile, ROTF Stratosphere.

View my Trade Me listings: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Listings.aspx?member=2437745

Collection count is in! The grand total is 466 transformers!-20/06/2014

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:53 am

Well thats alot more g2 looking then I thought it would be more info coming soon

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:54 am

More pictures coming soon just waiting on shoots that aren't half a body here and there e.g tfw

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:58 am

RID Legion class

Child of Primus

Postby skydemolisher » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:06 pm

G2 Superion and Menasor.... **shudders** The colours... The Colours....
(D) For the Glory of the Decepticon Empire!!!!!!! (D)

Heroic Autobot

Postby Nero » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:25 pm

Victorion looks good combined especially with those new feet and hands, plus that sword is top notch. Almost tempted to get it but will see how 2016 goes, already a lot coming out.

The individual bots are a bit meh, suppose its a purpose built combiner and meant to be the most unified/ comparable team so makes sense that they're insanely colour co ordinated
Soundwave superior. Autobots inferior

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:47 pm

Nero wrote:Victorion looks good combined especially with those new feet and hands, plus that sword is top notch. Almost tempted to get it but will see how 2016 goes, already a lot coming out.

The individual bots are a bit meh, suppose its a purpose built combiner and meant to be the most unified/ comparable team so makes sense that they're insanely colour co ordinated

Sword is a good start to pradaking lol.

Offical pictures are in they will be up soon photobucket is haveing maintaince offiacl pics are cgi renders again, so the current pics are more reliable (hopeing this is not a trend)

Heroic Autobot

Postby Nero » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:21 pm

Predaking has been shot down short term as have beast combiners (likely meaning terrorcons) and no Dino combiner to compete with 3rd party. I hope this is just smoke before they get their act together because a new Predaking would be much appreciated. I think it'd follow Dev and be all voyagers

http://news.tfw2005.com/2015/07/09/tfw2 ... ive-296264
Soundwave superior. Autobots inferior

TFNZ Administrator

Postby Zippo » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:01 pm

The G2 Combiners are awesome, but are not needed for the collection
Was interested in the fan made combiner until I saw the real toy - that colour scheme is not appealing at all. Do however love the new hands/feet

Scattorshot on his own without the rest of the team doesn't feel right considering their pledge to release complete sets.
Also while Scattorshot gets a new head, the combined mode doesn't - that won't work at all for Computron

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:28 pm

Finaly official pictures are up

Now there is no sign of g2 slingshots 3rd form so i am presumeing there will not be a alt mode called pile of gold dust lol.

im disapointed in computron mode i am currently looking at as many red combiner war characters that can be used for this with out brakeing apart a original team lol.

Minibot

Postby stylie_steve » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:00 pm

Only one figure revealed at SDCC intrests me and that is Scattershot. He is about what I expected but I thought Hasbro would give him a new combiner head, and I thought the Technobots would be revealed but instead they change the combiner name and say Scattershot now combines with S1 Autobots???? Weird!

No interest in G2 Menasor or Superion and I am not feeling that Fan Built Fembot Combiner, the colours are horrid and 2 close to identical Alpha Bravos in the same set ... Lazy! Not for me.

So just Bruticus, Skylynx, Pipes, Chop Shop, Shockwave, Buzzsaw and Scattershot for me next year but that lets me save for more MP's and my Fans Toys Dinobots.

Faction Leader

Postby Damolisher » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:34 pm

Man, that G2 Powerglide is amazeballs. I love those colours.
"I'm crazy, you're crazy, the whole world's crazy. It's just to which degree you're crazy."- Terry Funk

Return to Transformers News/Rumours Section