Hasbro/NZ Update June 2015

If you have come across any news regarding the wide world of Transformers, post it here. Please do explain if it is confirmed news or just a rumour you have heard.

Moderator: Moderators

Gestalt

Re: Hasbro/NZ Update June 2015

Postby Windbreaker » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:56 pm

That's some great insider info there Rodimus! Are the numbers are individual units (i.e. 8 = eight individual deluxes = 1 case)? Interesting to see actual stock numbers. I assume The Warehouse will sometimes do several separate orders of a single wave, so these numbers mean that 'store x' is getting 16 units of wave 1 now, but may receive more later?

Mr.Deflok wrote:My son really wants Blurr and Hardhead but I can't justify $50 per piece from Toyworld. In fact, I don't think anyone can as apparently they've not sold a single unit since getting their stock a couple of weeks back.

On the infrequent occasions I go to Wellington Toy World the prices always scare me a bit, because the fact that they're still in business means that they must actually be able to sell their stock at those prices.

Autobot Commander

Postby Mr.Deflok » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:17 pm

I think the Wellington store is lucky in that most of its shoppers are office workers/corporates who don't have time to shop around, and so will pay the premium to scratch a task off a list.

I remember talking to a staff member there a while back saying they get a lot of absent parents who buy gifts to make up for time not spent with their kids. I know being a franchise means profit margins are lower but it's still a little tragic they can get away with charging so much.

Gestalt

Postby Rodimus » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:52 pm

The deluxes along with legends should be arriving in warehouse stores over the weekend (my local in Tauranga are expecting them on friday/tomorrow)

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:20 am

So i emailed hasbro about pur sentenialprime issue bad news at this point this is no plan to bring him in, good news hasbro said alphatrion and astrotrain have arrived in and will start to be distributed in the next few weeks.

I recommend anyone wanting sentenialprime buddy up and bring him in togther.

Heroic Autobot

Postby megatronacepticon » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:26 pm

omegaprime wrote:hasbro said alphatrion and astrotrain have arrived in and will start to be distributed in the next few weeks.

Let's hope the solid cases of Galvatron don't create shelf-cloggage and stop Astrotrain or A3 from rolling out.

Autobot Commander

Postby Mr.Deflok » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:58 am

Apparently Hasbro have run out of stock of TR in the US. I'm not sure if this affects NZ at all but I suspect if Hasbro NZ's stock is depleted we'll be in the same boat. Naturally, there is still loads of stock available at a retailer and internal distributor level in the US.

Just to be safe, might be worth buying or lay-bying things you're after locally if you were waiting for Christmas?

Heroic Autobot

Postby NZHC » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:22 pm

Mr.Deflok wrote:Apparently Hasbro have run out of stock of TR in the US. I'm not sure if this affects NZ at all but I suspect if Hasbro NZ's stock is depleted we'll be in the same boat. Naturally, there is still loads of stock available at a retailer and internal distributor level in the US.

Just to be safe, might be worth buying or lay-bying things you're after locally if you were waiting for Christmas?

https://www.reddit.com/r/transformers/comments/56k0go/every_titans_return_product_currently_sold_out_at/d8jybiv?st=iu2d19vj&sh=6fdb50aa

If that's the article you're talking about this guy clears it up well.

Autobot Commander

Postby Mr.Deflok » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:13 pm

NZHC wrote:
Mr.Deflok wrote:Apparently Hasbro have run out of stock of TR in the US. I'm not sure if this affects NZ at all but I suspect if Hasbro NZ's stock is depleted we'll be in the same boat. Naturally, there is still loads of stock available at a retailer and internal distributor level in the US.

https://www.reddit.com/r/transformers/comments/56k0go/every_titans_return_product_currently_sold_out_at/d8jybiv?st=iu2d19vj&sh=6fdb50aa

If that's the article you're talking about this guy clears it up well.

Oh, good! Seemed a bit extreme. Will leave the shopping until Christmas Eve then ;)

Previous

Return to Transformers News/Rumours Section