Hasbro/NZ Update June 2015

If you have come across any news regarding the wide world of Transformers, post it here. Please do explain if it is confirmed news or just a rumour you have heard.

Moderator: Moderators

TFNZ News Crew

Re: Hasbro/NZ Update June 2015

Postby omegaprime » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:22 pm

I loled to, I put our Issues down to fatigue the lines have been on shelf non stop sense 2005 actually I think before then so ten years even tmnt has had a break or two sense then.

Yes we are getting awsome toys, but they need to slow down especially with unnecessary repaints have a look whats coming for rid2015 its not good.

Gestalt

Postby kevman12 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:31 pm

mr_sooty wrote:
This is the major problem we have at the moment. They release these shitty pieces of shit movie TFs, and the stores go mad on them because they're connected to a movie, but no one buys them because they're among the shittiest toys ever made, and then the stores are all like 'Transformers don't sell', which is an absolute tragedy because at the same time HasTakTom are putting out some of the best Transformers ever made and we just don't get em. F%$k you Michael Bay. You wrecked it.

Now that's what I'm talking about. Sing it bro... Sing it...

Gestalt

Postby Chris » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:13 pm

NZ Retailers are pretty dumb - they over order all those movie toys (which haven't sold well for at least the last couple of movies it seems). Every Farmers and Warehouse I visit has heaps of the Movie Toys (and those stupid massive Beast Hunter TF Prime figures) still to this day, many many months after the movie stopped playing.

Mean while the same shops have almost all sold out of the Generations/Combiner Wars figures not that long after they have been stocked - yet they are reluctant to bring in other items from this line? Madness.

Faction Leader

Postby Monkey222 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:31 pm

Chris wrote:NZ Retailers are pretty dumb - they over order all those wave one movie toys (which haven't sold well for at least the last couple of movies it seems). Every Farmers and Warehouse I visit has heaps of the Movie Toys (and those stupid massive Beast Hunter TF Prime figures) still to this day, many many months after the movie stopped playing.

Mean while the same shops have almost all sold out of the Generations/Combiner Wars figures not that long after they have been stocked - yet they are reluctant to bring in other items from this line? Madness.

Fixed
WANTED: ROTF Lockdown, Classics Grimlock Missile, ROTF Stratosphere.

View my Trade Me listings: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Listings.aspx?member=2437745

Collection count is in! The grand total is 466 transformers!-20/06/2014

TFNZ Administrator

Postby Starscream NZ » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:29 pm

Zippo wrote:As always good to have an update
As always, stores over order Wave 1

Actually. That's incorrect. Demand is actually outstripping supply for the Leader class figures, which is why we may still see Thundercracker get a release.

Wave 1 has sold well, hence there is a commitment to bring in the remaining Deluxe/Voyager/Legends figures. If Wave 1 had tanked we wouldn't be getting info about Waves 3/4, they'd have been cancelled. Stock would move quicker if there was more advertisement for the figures but given we don't get comics, or TV ads for them, it's a tougher sell. Still, stock is moving and i'm pretty sure there's a school holidays coming up soon and that always helps bring out new stock.

Faction Leader

Postby Monkey222 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:23 pm

Starscream NZ wrote: Still, stock is moving and i'm pretty sure there's a school holidays coming up soon and that always helps bring out new stock.

Beginning of July are the holidays

View my Trade Me listings: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Listings.aspx?member=2437745

Headmaster

Postby nik27 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:38 pm

Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but, where is the cheapest place online to get Devastator?
Wanted:
Swoop missiles and launchers, Fangry, Horri-Bull, Apeface

Heroic Autobot

Postby Nero » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:00 am

nik27 wrote:Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but, where is the cheapest place online to get Devastator?

Based on my shopping around and including shipping probably here: http://www.premiumcollectables.com.au/p ... devastator
Soundwave superior. Autobots inferior

TFNZ Administrator

Postby Starscream NZ » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:41 pm

nik27 wrote:Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but, where is the cheapest place online to get Devastator?

Your local retailer, c'mon and support your local community. We're getting Devastator

Gestalt

Postby Rodimus » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:03 pm

Starscream NZ wrote:

Your local retailer, c'mon and support your local community. We're getting Devastator

Hopefully that counts either my local warehouse (where it would be the best place due to it would be much wallet friendlier to layby lol) or Mightyape

TFNZ Administrator

Postby Zippo » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:23 pm

Good news that this will be available locally, though I hope for somewhat less than $400 as predicted ($250-300 max)

Mini-Con

Postby Thadicon » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:20 am

I read on Seibertron.com that the EU are missing out on wave 2and going straight to wave 3. I think a lot of them are quite angry about it. I hope that doesn't happen to us too. Especially since most of the wave 1 stock I have seen around are only one or 2 deluxes and the same for legends.

Faction Leader

Postby Monkey222 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:33 am

Thadicon wrote:I read on Seibertron.com that the EU are missing out on wave 2and going straight to wave 3. I think a lot of them are quite angry about it. I hope that doesn't happen to us too. Especially since most of the wave 1 stock I have seen around are only one or 2 deluxes and the same for legends.

From what I understand, the EUusually doesn't see past wave 1. And when they do its ages after the wave was released and only in a few stores.

Much like us really...

Mini-Con

Postby Thadicon » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:06 pm

Monkey222 wrote:
Thadicon wrote:I read on Seibertron.com that the EU are missing out on wave 2and going straight to wave 3. I think a lot of them are quite angry about it. I hope that doesn't happen to us too. Especially since most of the wave 1 stock I have seen around are only one or 2 deluxes and the same for legends.

From what I understand, the EUusually doesn't see past wave 1. And when they do its ages after the wave was released and only in a few stores.

Much like us really...

Yeah seems that we arent the only ones that miss out. I was talkiing to the guy who runs toyworld here in Wellington city and he said that with the school holidays coming up they might be getting some new sock so heres hoping some stores get wave 2 in. I am kind of hoping Jville Warehouse gets some in soon because they have one CW dragstrip sitting there just waiting to be bought.

TFNZ Administrator

Postby Zippo » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:41 pm

Anyone with connections to Hasbro know if they are bringing in CW Computron Giftset to New Zealand (I have a feeling I have asked this before on the forum)

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers News/Rumours Section