Hasbro/NZ Update June 2015

If you have come across any news regarding the wide world of Transformers, post it here. Please do explain if it is confirmed news or just a rumour you have heard.

Moderator: Moderators

TFNZ Administrator

Hasbro/NZ Update June 2015

Postby Starscream NZ » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:38 am

Hey team

I've been speaking with Hasbro and have the latest updates regarding stock for NZ.

Deluxe Combiner Wars figures are scheduled to keep coming this year. Wave 2 should be hitting stores once Wave 1 clears (so should be soon), shipments of both Wave 3 and 4 are due late June/July and available later on in the year.

Voyager is pretty much same as above, Wave 3 due in July, once Wave 2 has sold through.

Leader class - First bit of bad news. No further releases planned at this stage. So the Megatrons are likely the only ones we're seeing. We MAY get some Thundercrackers but it's not looking too good at this stage.

The badder news - No NZ Retailers are willing to carry Devastator. So the chances of seeing the constructicons released locally is in jeopardy. Like Metroplex a few years ago, Hasbro WANTS to get these released here. I've also been advised this time there isn't a minimum order required, and if we can show retailers there is demand, we could help sway one of them to bring him over. There'll be a thread created shortly to help gather support to try convince a retailer to bring him in.

Also had confirmation that Combiner Wars will run in 2016 as well, so that's good news for Bruticus and the other combiners yet to be unveiled/officially announced.

Micromaster

Re: Hasbro/NZ Update June 2015

Postby Reverend Strone » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:48 am

Thanks for the update, 'Scream.

Would you mind asking about subsequent RID waves as well, please, next time you're speaking to them?

Also - I suspect the answer is still 'no more', but how about 2015 TF Kre-O?

Thanks.

Autobot Commander

Postby Mr.Deflok » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:54 am

Darn. Was kinda hoping to pick up a Leader TC.

Thanks for the update!

TFNZ Administrator

Postby Starscream NZ » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:16 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13915 - There's the link to the Devastator 'petition' of sorts.

I'll try ask about RiD, and the answer for Kre-O is almost definitely a no, i'm afraid.

Gestalt

Postby kevman12 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:19 pm

Honestly guys, how many years has it been now? How many product lines have we seen Hasbro NZ released in NZ which has been complete in comparison to the states or uk yeah?

My view is this we are "a" - "bunch" (meaning a few) of solid collectors and the younger kiddies are just not into transformers as we are. I won't count on it as I don't have enough confidence on them.

How many kids can afford a $34.95 deluxe toy? Like us they will or may want these toys but they wont be able to afford it until later down the track. Lets face it NZ is just not that bigger of a market. Whatever comes out of Hasbro is a bonus.

Like the Metroplex we campaigned but how many active members do we have here in TFNZ maybe at best 80? Is that enough to bring the Devastator? Hasbro's business case for selling to Retailers is the wrong model for us. Retailers will not do mass market, eg... Large Grimlock selling at the moment at $199.99 in Toyworld, Warehouse etc...

Our only hope is if Hasbro will bring in say 200 units and sell direct to collectors or better yet, open pre-orders to collectors. They have semi-guaranteed sales and secure income.

Its insane, I suppose we can try again for "Devastator" to arrive in NZ? Its crazy... This to me is wishfull thinking. Can you refute what I'm saying? bet you can't.

Micromaster

Postby Reverend Strone » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:08 pm

Starscream NZ wrote:I'll try ask about RiD, and the answer for Kre-O is almost definitely a no, i'm afraid.

I figured as much on the Kre-O thing, but thanks re RID. :)

Mini-Con

Postby Thadicon » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:50 pm

Thats really awesome news thank you heaps.

Im not really worried about buying Devastator myself but I will sign the petition so there is more of a chance for others to get it.

Evil Decepticon

Postby MAULER666 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:27 pm

Thadicon wrote:Thats really awesome news thank you heaps.

Im not really worried about buying Devastator myself but I will sign the petition so there is more of a chance for others to get it.

Ditto bro.
My list of gimmees:
G1 Vortex
G2 Snarl
G1 Fireflight

TFNZ Administrator

Postby Zippo » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:05 pm

As always good to have an update
As always, stores over order Wave 1

Heroic Autobot

Postby TrickyFingersNZ » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:46 pm

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but is there any indication for a NZ RRP on Devastator?

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:54 am

TrickyFingersNZ wrote:Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but is there any indication for a NZ RRP on Devastator?

Toyworld dunedin said 400 so I can understand why they don't want him, my local said she would get them in as long as it was a special order e.g garentied a sale for him, I beleave stomp and chomp grimlock burnt some bridges

Heroic Autobot

Postby TrickyFingersNZ » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:13 am

omegaprime wrote:
TrickyFingersNZ wrote:Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but is there any indication for a NZ RRP on Devastator?

Toyworld dunedin said 400 so I can understand why they don't want him, my local said she would get them in as long as it was a special order e.g garentied a sale for him, I beleave stomp and chomp grimlock burnt some bridges

Thanks man, appreciate it 8)

Faction Leader

Postby Stik » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:52 pm

Would mightyape stock devy at all? at least they could do like preorders and stuff
Is the cat in the hat, or is the hat simply on the cat?

Autobot Commander

Postby mr_sooty » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:57 pm

omegaprime wrote: I beleave stomp and chomp grimlock burnt some bridges

This is the major problem we have at the moment. They release these shitty pieces of shit movie TFs, and the stores go mad on them because they're connected to a movie, but no one buys them because they're among the shittiest toys ever made, and then the stores are all like 'Transformers don't sell', which is an absolute tragedy because at the same time HasTakTom are putting out some of the best Transformers ever made and we just don't get em. F%$k you Michael Bay. You wrecked it.

Pretender

Postby Devcon » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:48 pm

Shot mr_sooty that made me lol :x :lol: :lol:
"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind there are few" - Suzuki

Next

Return to Transformers News/Rumours Section