G1 Reissue Trypticon.

If you have come across any news regarding the wide world of Transformers, post it here. Please do explain if it is confirmed news or just a rumour you have heard.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: G1 Reissue Trypticon.

Postby Windbreaker » Tue May 26, 2015 3:16 pm

soak314 wrote:Ugh those 'orrible watermarks. Also from a 'private facebook page'.

The filipino collector circuit was just an incredibly stressful community to be part of.
I'm kinda intrigued to hear more. I always wonder how different collector communities from around the world operate, especially when more and more sources for new toy news come from private social networking pages.

Also, hooray! Finally the long awaited/rumoured Trypticon reissue! I know lots of people will be stoked about this! (and that Hasbro didn't do the Blitzwing-as-Flywheels thing and give it Overkill colours or a lovely shade of AOE Grimlock brown)
Windbreaker
Gestalt

Postby NKF » Tue May 26, 2015 7:40 pm

I wonder if this will end up as an Encore?

- NKF
Crura Fish!
NKF
Decepticon Warlord

Postby MAULER666 » Tue May 26, 2015 8:09 pm

NKF wrote:I wonder if this will end up as an Encore?

- NKF

Is there some kind of significance attached to it being an encore? Just for my info man.
My list of gimmees:
G1 Vortex
G2 Snarl
G1 Fireflight
MAULER666
Evil Decepticon

Postby soak314 » Tue May 26, 2015 9:35 pm

Windbreaker wrote:I'm kinda intrigued to hear more. I always wonder how different collector communities from around the world operate, especially when more and more sources for new toy news come from private social networking pages.

Most filipino toy circles are 'organized' around facebook, and are less of a cooperative, discussion oriented affair, more of a social climbing, e-penis waving boastfest. It's a bit of a sore topic, obviously. I've always disliked the in-community elitism, how they treat the privilege of irresponsibly spending money on plastic like some sort of manchild secret club. (It's a poor country, people who get into collector toys there are often born rich, or have nothing but money on the mind.)

But yes, don't mind me, back to robutts.
soak314
Heroic Autobot

Postby NKF » Tue May 26, 2015 9:42 pm

MAULER666 wrote:Is there some kind of significance attached to it being an encore? Just for my info man.

I suppose you can think of it as the same old dilemma between choosing between Hasbro or Takara releases. Being a G1, there's a sentimental factor to consider as well.

For the sake of the toy itself then probably not too much of a difference. Just as long as there are no colours changes or alterations for US toy safety compliance.

For the determined collector, for any number of reasons, there is also the box. There's a certain appeal to having the re-release in a close replica of the original Japanese packaging. Also, if you picked up Encore Metroplex a few years back, it helps somewhat with display shelf coordination.

- NKF
Crura Fish!
NKF
Decepticon Warlord

Postby MAULER666 » Tue May 26, 2015 9:59 pm

NKF wrote:
MAULER666 wrote:Is there some kind of significance attached to it being an encore? Just for my info man.

I suppose you can think of it as the same old dilemma between choosing between Hasbro or Takara releases. Being a G1, there's a sentimental factor to consider as well.

For the sake of the toy itself then probably not too much of a difference. Just as long as there are no colours changes or alterations for US toy safety compliance.

For the determined collector, for any number of reasons, there is also the box. There's a certain appeal to having the re-release in a close replica of the original Japanese packaging. Also, if you picked up Encore Metroplex a few years back, it helps somewhat with display shelf coordination.

- NKF

Well worded reply and very helpful, thanks buddy. 8)
My list of gimmees:
G1 Vortex
G2 Snarl
G1 Fireflight
MAULER666
Evil Decepticon

Postby Zippo » Tue May 26, 2015 10:08 pm

Devcon wrote:
Zippo wrote:Looks like I am going to be purchasing one G1 toy this year.
Even though I have no room to put him anywhere - which is why I sold off a bunch of G1 reissues I wanted to open

If you are taking preorders from your supplier zip, count me in :D

I dont have a supplier for this yet.

I also want to see if waiting for a Takara version pays off .. being more faithful to the original toy without safety regulations kicking in
Zippo
TFNZ Administrator

Postby Devcon » Tue May 26, 2015 11:19 pm

Ok that sounds good but just in case if you do I'll be keen for one :D
"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind there are few" - Suzuki
Devcon
Pretender

Postby rdrnz » Wed May 27, 2015 8:59 am

Devcon wrote:Ok that sounds good but just in case if you do I'll be keen for one :D

I'm all in too!
rdrnz
Micromaster

Postby Windbreaker » Sat May 30, 2015 10:49 am

soak314 wrote:Most filipino toy circles are 'organized' around facebook, and are less of a cooperative, discussion oriented affair, more of a social climbing, e-penis waving boastfest. It's a bit of a sore topic, obviously. I've always disliked the in-community elitism, how they treat the privilege of irresponsibly spending money on plastic like some sort of manchild secret club. (It's a poor country, people who get into collector toys there are often born rich, or have nothing but money on the mind.)

But yes, don't mind me, back to robutts.

Thanks for the insight soak314. Sorry to stir up any bad memories. Makes me appreciate TFNZ that much more.

MAULER666 wrote:
NKF wrote:I wonder if this will end up as an Encore?

- NKF

Is there some kind of significance attached to it being an encore? Just for my info man.

I suppose there might be sticker quality and substitution for tampographs to consider too, although I'm not sure how previous Hasbro/Takara reissues have differed in those respects.

... Plus Takara might think Full-Tilt is too obscure and repaint him as Alpha Trion. You never know these days! :P
Windbreaker
Gestalt

Postby Muleac » Sat May 30, 2015 10:55 am

I have low standards and expectations.
As long as it's trypticon I'm all good.
Muleac
TFNZ Moderator

Postby [omega] » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:31 pm

Would rather see a third party than a reissue.
Bricks are bricks if your looking for no articulation
[omega]
Faction Leader

Postby Goldimus Prime » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:32 pm

[omega] wrote:Would rather see a third party than a reissue.

But he is such a FUN brick! Motorized walking action! And the bricks have such solid chunky pieces that sometimes the transformations just feel better too. :wink:
Goldimus Prime
Mini-Con

Postby MAULER666 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:44 pm

Yeah for me there's just something aesthetically pleasing about G1. I love messing with my old toys as much as I love marveling over the engineering of the new ones.
My list of gimmees:
G1 Vortex
G2 Snarl
G1 Fireflight
MAULER666
Evil Decepticon

Postby Muleac » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:32 pm

But you'll still get one.
Muleac
TFNZ Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers News/Rumours Section