NY Toy Fair 2015

If you have come across any news regarding the wide world of Transformers, post it here. Please do explain if it is confirmed news or just a rumour you have heard.

Moderator: Moderators

Autobot Commander

Re: NY Toy Fair 2015 Day 1

Postby Mr.Deflok » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:32 pm

Zippo wrote:Devy is sadly out of place with the rest of the combiners. Looks awesome from a distance, but in a "group" will look poorly scaled with other bots.

Won't get the Hasbro version, will wait for SDCC or Takara to dip

My thoughts exactly. Thinking it may look better with the MP's with a Takara deco.

Also, the Ambus thing... have only read about it but the character absolutely ruins the Magnus character for me. I want my Magnus to be 100% Magnus in name and body.

It's actually one of the worst TF ideas I've heard since Unicron being created by a little space monkey.

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:11 pm

Finaly done updateing with offical pictures :D waiting for kreon pictures still i want to put up a clear picture of hound and shockwave

TFNZ Administrator

Postby Starscream NZ » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:11 pm

Really? How come this ruins the entire character for you?

Ultra Magnus was originally 'little white robot in big amoured suit' - It's the same here, just the inner robot has been given an individual personality, and it's still that of Ultra Magnus. MTMTE just made it more of a Title than individual character. Same way there have been more than one Batman, or Captain America.

Pretender

Postby Antonio Handsome » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:16 pm

Ultra Magnus/Minimus Ambus is one of my favourite parts of MTMTE (and I freakin' love MTMTE)

Ultra Magnus looks awesome as heck.

As basic as some of the individual bots look (little fat Long Haul is a bit of a chubby-bot) the Devastator looks like something I'll die to see retail.
i am great at signatures

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:57 pm

Minimus Ambus-I wish he got his own deluxe
Minicons are a nice surpise some are realing tempting

TFNZ Princess

Postby Mr_Ash » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:35 pm

omegaprime wrote:Minimus Ambus-I wish he got his own deluxe

Ahh, but you are forgetting that once Minimus Ambus is at his purest form, he's only reaches the top of Hot Rod's knee!
"..you get more classy every time."
"..you are a gentleman and a scholar."

TFNZ Moderator

Postby Muleac » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:49 am

Does Magnus look like he has the same transformation as MP Magnus.

Bot modes for constructicons look pathetic. Alt modes look nice as well as devy.
The bots look like upscaled legends class, hollow arms, bad articulation and random joints like longhaul's hinge/ pin elbow.

Autobot Commander

Postby Mr.Deflok » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:27 am

Starscream NZ wrote:Really? How come this ruins the entire character for you?

Ultra Magnus was originally 'little white robot in big amoured suit' - It's the same here, just the inner robot has been given an individual personality, and it's still that of Ultra Magnus. MTMTE just made it more of a Title than individual character. Same way there have been more than one Batman, or Captain America.

Maybe reading the comics flow is different but as how I have read it... not a fan.

Magnus wasn't always a small bot inside a bigger one. Igniring Diaclone his original toy was an Optimus Prime inside armour. OP, the leader of the autobots. That's cool. Not really a little guy. There, to my knowledge, isn't any lore than indicates vanilla OP was another character. It was just Magnus. Just a toy.

In the G1 toon, and since then, Magnus has just been Magnus. That's his name, that's who he is. Ambus suggests Magnus is not THE Magnus, that he is some dude being A Magnus. That dilutes who Magnus is by inherrently saying that there have been multiple Magnus's.

Maybe it's just hard for me to reconcile given UM is one of my favourite characters. It's kinda like finding out your favourite singer has been lip syncing his whole career and can't sing for shit.

Edit: I will say that I like IDW Magnus, but not this backstory, so it makes him seem fake.

Faction Leader

Postby Stik » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:09 pm

Edit: I will say that I like IDW Magnus, but not this backstory, so it makes him seem fake.[/quote]

Outside of flashbacks (ie set before and during the early years of the war) the Ultra Magnus you see is the same dude.

In saying that, and how much I dig the storyline, as well as the new mold and the nod to the comics storyline, I have every intention of getting that toy and promptly throwing Minimus into storage. I do prefer my Magnus toys to be one dude and not power armor (although it is an epic twist on that concept).
Is the cat in the hat, or is the hat simply on the cat?

Pretender

Re: NY Toy Fair 2015

Postby Devcon » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:38 pm

That Ultra magnus does look quiet good and I know that if we get him here I will pick him up for sure.

The protectorbots are looking good also along with the constructicons but one thing that gets me is that they made long haul into a Hobbit/dwarf, DFaq!? Poor fulla has got the case of the stubbies :)
"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind there are few" - Suzuki

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:24 pm

To me it kinda makes sense ive seen plenty of short stuby construction workers lol.

TFNZ Princess

Postby Mr_Ash » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:38 pm

Long Haul loves Energon Chunky Peanut Butter, okay? Leave the poor kid alone, he gets picked on enough by his team mates. :D
"..you get more classy every time."
"..you are a gentleman and a scholar."

Gestalt

Postby Sledgehama » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:07 pm

A lot of very cool reveals there, particularly under Combiner Wars. I am surprised that they would abandon the 'almost all the limbs and a teaser of the next wave' formula they established in the first wave which seemed to work well for them. It's also interesting to see the continued appropriation on non-G1 Combiner characters with Cyclonus/Galvatronus, especially when the leaked lists seemed to suggest that it'd be an Autobot team of classic characters to do that. It'll be interesting to see what the other limbs of Galvatronus will be and if they do indeed go with the same concept for an Optimus Prime-led team - pretty much a given, but I'd have thought we'd see a focus on getting the classic teams done first or even new characters before changing non-combiners into gestalts, but I guess IDW has already gone down that track anyway and it keeps those established characters in a prominent position.

Devastator looks good to me - there was always going to be a trade off in terms of how good the component bots look etc, but overall I'd say it looks pretty cool and certainly re-establishes Devastator as the preeminent combiner team. Likewise Ultra Magnus looks good to me - I don't mind him being more IDW-ish than the City Commander add-on.

Still seems hard to get excited about the RiD stuff with it's third wave of Warriors when the cartoon has yet to hit. Certainly seems the major buzz is over the Generations line more than the cartoon tie-in - and I have absolutely no problem with that!

Gestalt

Postby Chris » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:46 pm

I'm glad Groove is no longer a limb, definitely helps Defensor look better now that his limbs scale with each other. Streetwise and Blades look pretty good - Rook (or whatever the new Riot Control Tank is called) and First Aid on the other hand look rather horrid in my opinion (especially in vehicle mode). I love Hotspot in RobotMode, his vehicle mode is decent but I'm not crazy the middle part of it. Defensor himself looks decent - especially for a prototype. I'll probably go for MakeToys Defensor over this, but I'm not ruling out this guy just yet.

Devastator looks pretty good - I'm not blown away, but it's got promise, hopefully they can improve a bit more before it's released (Bigger head, better looking quality plastic in particular). Main advantage of this is that he scales with the larger Third Party Combiners I collect. Special lol to Long Hauls robot mode!

Loving Ultra Magnus - I don't really collect CHUG, but I may get him. I'm going to treat 'Minimus Ambus' as the 'Powered Buggy' figure that came with Diaclone Powered Convoy but was removed when he became Ultra Magnus.

Cycolonus and Thundercracker do nothing for me, easy pass on those.

Micromaster

Postby Reverend Strone » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:58 pm

Loads of amazing stuff from NYTF. Star Wars may have been a total loss as far as new reveals this year but Hasbro brought their A game to the other properties, especially TFs! Here's hoping their Force Awakens range is equally impressive when we eventually see it.

Loving the Legion-class Fixit - should scale nicely with Warrior class figures from RID.

Devastator is amazing and should look incredible with a custom dirty paint job, but I'll sit this one out in the interests of staying married. ;)

Kre-O Blitzwing is pretty neat. He'l be a must-have.

Kre-O Drift is also cool but I can let him go by without worrying.

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers News/Rumours Section