NY Toy Fair 2015

If you have come across any news regarding the wide world of Transformers, post it here. Please do explain if it is confirmed news or just a rumour you have heard.

Moderator: Moderators

TFNZ News Crew

Re: NY Toy Fair 2015 Day 1

Postby omegaprime » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:53 am

R.I.D

Warrior class

Jazz

Sideswipe

Legion

Minicon Deployers

Fracture

Drift

jetstorm

Minicons

Beastbox

Akita wolf

Buzzsaw

Dragon

Ratbat

Scropoin

Slipstream

silver

One step changers

Thunderhoof

Fracture

Drift

3 step steeljaw

Mega Optimusprime

Super sized Bumblebee

Last edited by omegaprime on Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:05 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Autobot Commander

Postby Mr.Deflok » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:04 am

OH MY GOD. Buttload of pics on TFW and Facebook.

I don't want to get back into CHUG but this is amazing. Magnus is stunning. Defensor is fantastic. Cyclonus a huge surprise (who would've though Silverbolt could look so good).

So tempting to buy all of this.

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:16 am

time for a break lol, then i will look around the net for TMNT stuff :D

Once offical pictures are avalable i will post them up as well :D

Cyclonus looks realy good i want to see its gesult mode i also kinda wanted to see sunstreaker ironhide prowl and mirage today but got to save something for later in the year.

i will defently get that ultramagnus it looks to good to pass up.

the R.I.D minicons have caught my eye

as for devs there are some issues but over all i beleave i will buy him when he coimes out Rumor floating around is the sdcc verson will be a g2 repaint so thats gonna hurt lol.

TFNZ Administrator

Postby Zippo » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:54 am

Wow, some nice new images there

What is the deal with a Minicon with Ultra Magnus? Anyway, good to get a new Ultra Magnus for the CHUG collection.
Defensor - combined mode looks "ok", individual bots however look fantastic
Devy is looking better in each picture but I want to know how tall he is compared to Superion/Defensor/Menasor
Cyclonus looks really good, but I will stick with the deluxe - I don't need a combining one :-)

Faction Leader

Postby Stik » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:02 pm

Zippo wrote:Wow, some nice new images there

What is the deal with a Minicon with Ultra Magnus? Anyway, good to get a new Ultra Magnus for the CHUG collection.
Defensor - combined mode looks "ok", individual bots however look fantastic
Devy is looking better in each picture but I want to know how tall he is compared to Superion/Defensor/Menasor
Cyclonus looks really good, but I will stick with the deluxe - I don't need a combining one :-)

The Minicon with Ultra Magnus is there due to a story arc in the MTMTE comic (I wont spoil it if you havent read it)

I am totally in love with that Magnus and Hot Spot molds

Looking at the pictures, it seems all the constructicons have knee and leg articulation, and have elbows and shoulders, except for lonhhual, who lacks elbows (they go sideways, but not forwards)

Plus, did you guys see the Legends Powerglide repaint? Named Viper, coloured like a rattler, modified Cobra logo, and his Face is the same colour as a Cobra Viper! Of everything, he's the best surprise to me lol
Is the cat in the hat, or is the hat simply on the cat?

Faction Leader

Postby Meangreen » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:03 pm

Wow. With quite a few new transformer releases I like and what can only be described as an avalanche of new Marvel figures I'm actually becoming concerned with where I am going to put them all.

Faction Leader

Postby Monkey222 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:45 pm

I'm a bit concerned with Devy. He looks good and all, but I don't know if the figures are worth the price tag. Especially if you look at the articulation on the individual bots. Longhaul has one really crappy joint in his arms. I appreciate that Hasbro have done a massive Devy, but I don't know if I'll bite.

Defensor looks fantastic though. Very eager to get him. His combined head looks a bit derpy though. Hopefully it's mistransformation rather than a massive forehead shelf.

Magnus looks good as well. I'd like to see him standing by CW Optimus.
WANTED: ROTF Lockdown, Classics Grimlock Missile, ROTF Stratosphere.

View my Trade Me listings: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Listings.aspx?member=2437745

Collection count is in! The grand total is 466 transformers!-20/06/2014

TFNZ Princess

Postby Mr_Ash » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:47 pm

Zippo wrote:Wow, some nice new images there

'minicon with Ultra Magnus is Ultra Magnus' inner/ smaller robot mode in IDW.

Devastator's box says he's 18 inches, so you're looking at around about 6 inch height difference from the Scramble City guys.
"..you get more classy every time."
"..you are a gentleman and a scholar."

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:54 pm

Yup or hes roughly 47cm tall, will look great behind mp05.

With cyclonus head being larger then silverbolts I hope galvatrons is smaller then superions so I could do a head swap

Minibot

Postby stylie_steve » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:59 pm

Liking what was revealed even if we knew everything already.

Devs looks great to me, sure some liberties have been taken with each bot mode but they still all look fantastic and very G1. I will be getting this beast for sure.

Defensor is shaping up great too. I don't know about his "five" head but otherwise awesome. Each Protectobot looks amazing. Onslaught retool out of Hot Spot looks like a given, I expect to see that at SDCC. I like how Groove is still in the team but scaled better, never made much sense to have a bike form a leg the same size as a car. New member Rook is pretty cool, and a sure fire Brawl retool. As long as Swindle and Blast Off get new molds I think Bruticus will look great from retools of Hot Spot, Rook and Alpha Bravo.

Cyclonus is a nice looking remold from Silverbolt, didn't expect to like it as much as I do. I am not sure about him being a combiner but I doubt I will ever use his in that way but who will be combine with? I am surprised Silverbolt wasn't remolded into Scattershot, that seemed the more obvious route to go.

Legends Warpath is disappointing. Really don't see Warpath out of that Megatron mold and I will pass on the GI Joe homage Viper from Powerglide.

Gestalt

Postby Dr Syn » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:07 pm

Really, REALLY liking Legends Viper with his new head that makes the plane mode stubbier (like the Rattlers) and his face is now Wild Weasel's helmet and goggles. Would be tempting to get more than one.

Defensor and all his components are pretty good, even new guy Rook. Gonna be hard to turn that one down.

Ultra Magnus, I haven't bought a Leader Class figure since 07 Movie Brawl and I'm sorely tempted. He's got everything I'd want in an Ultra Magnus.

Also liking RiD Legion Fixit and Underbite.

Headmaster City

Postby loismustdye » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:18 pm

Gi joe rattler homage is a must for me, cyclonus too.
That warpath mold as warpath is crap, i see it as a suitable repurpose to targetmaster quake, giving my 3rd party targetmasters a partner finally.
no sig as photobucket nerfed it all
# of TF's: I don't have the patience to count them all
# of GIJoe: I've lost count

Evil Decepticon

Postby Astellan11 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:44 pm

Awww yus.

Looks like my MTMTE shelf getting a First Aid and Minimus Ambus!

Not sure if ill bite on the combiner wars stuff overall.. but if I saw that Hotspot on a shelf in the Warehouse i'll blow my load for sure.

Devestator is better than I thought, but seems like he will be in the same realm as that giant movie grimlock. Not for my collection, but still very cool.
Wanted:
Mint "Euro g1" / g2 anything
aka Turbomasters, Predators, Obliterators, Axelerators, Skyscorchers, Aquaspeeders, Stormtroopers, Lightformers

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:59 pm

Gathering official pictures right now will be up soon

TFNZ Administrator

Postby Zippo » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:00 pm

Devy is sadly out of place with the rest of the combiners. Looks awesome from a distance, but in a "group" will look poorly scaled with other bots.

Won't get the Hasbro version, will wait for SDCC or Takara to dip

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers News/Rumours Section