The TFNZ Masterpiece Thread

If you have come across any news regarding the wide world of Transformers, post it here. Please do explain if it is confirmed news or just a rumour you have heard.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: The TFNZ Masterpiece Thread

Postby omegaprime » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:08 pm

Mp Megatron 329usd on bbts I have to admit this one is making me taking stock if I wish to continue on with mp, my chug collection is almost finished as well...
omegaprime
TFNZ News Crew

Postby Mr.Deflok » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:39 pm

I want this but not $330 USD want it. Fuck that.
Mr.Deflok
Autobot Commander

Postby green dragoon » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:42 pm

Mr.Deflok wrote:I want this but not $330 USD want it. Fuck that.

This is just greed now, I think Takara just want to see how far they can push it in terms of price. I won't be spending that kind of money on it no matter how much I love the MP BW line. I will live in hope for a cheaper Hasbro release.

and I wish they would stop putting electronics in the MP line, light up eyes and sound chips I'm sure most collectors don't want it and they add extra cost. I remove those awful button batteries as soon as I receive my MPs so they don't corrode and ruin the figures a few years down the line.
The Surprising Adventures of Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

A Tomahawk of Honesty in the Skull of Lies
green dragoon
Headmaster City

Postby omegaprime » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:08 pm

green dragoon wrote:
Mr.Deflok wrote:I want this but not $330 USD want it. Fuck that.

This is just greed now, I think Takara just want to see how far they can push it in terms of price. I won't be spending that kind of money on it no matter how much I love the MP BW line. I will live in hope for a cheaper Hasbro release.

and I wish they would stop putting electronics in the MP line, light up eyes and sound chips I'm sure most collectors don't want it and they add extra cost. I remove those awful button batteries as soon as I receive my MPs so they don't corrode and ruin the figures a few years down the line.

i dont even remember the last time a mp came with batterys, i think it was MP Grimlock
omegaprime
TFNZ News Crew

Postby Mr.Deflok » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:41 am

Primal and Megs 2.0 both had batteries.

I am glad Magnus came out when he did otherwise in todays market he'd be a $400 MP.

I suspect Prime 3.0 will be.
Mr.Deflok
Autobot Commander

Postby Thatotherguy » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:30 am

These price increases are part of the reason I jumped out of collecting every MP release. Im not sure I can justify having that much invested in one character. Especially when I know I’m paying extra of electronics and accessories I could easily do without.

MPMs seem to still be within a reasonable price range, so hoping they stay like that until at least Megs and Screamer are out.
Last edited by Thatotherguy on Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thatotherguy
Pretender

Postby Spike » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:51 pm

This is the first time when I can understand why someone would say "I'll wait for the KO"
Spike's want list
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12376
Spike
Headmaster City

Postby Muleac » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:11 pm

Spike wrote:This is the first time when I can understand why someone would say "I'll wait for the KO"

I think I'll just wait for the KO or the third party version.
Muleac
TFNZ Moderator

Postby Mr.Deflok » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:39 pm

Muleac wrote:
Spike wrote:This is the first time when I can understand why someone would say "I'll wait for the KO"

I think I'll just wait for the KO or the third party version.

And given how good the KO's are these days it'll be cheaper and better.

Just look at the KO Barricade. Entire thing is covered in paint which accurate to the source, not to the budgets.

Still cheaper.
Mr.Deflok
Autobot Commander

Postby RotorstormNP » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:54 pm

MP-43 Yeessss Megatron stock photos are up and he looks so much better than the earlier magazine scans suggested! https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... ron/41521/

I'm rewatching the show right now - up to episode 14 - so the urge for this guy and Dinobot is growing but being jobless doesn't help!
Cheers, Zac in Whanganui
RotorstormNP
Gestalt

Postby Mr.Deflok » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:23 pm

RotorstormNP wrote:MP-43 Yeessss Megatron stock photos are up and he looks so much better than the earlier magazine scans suggested! https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... ron/41521/

I'm rewatching the show right now - up to episode 14 - so the urge for this guy and Dinobot is growing but being jobless doesn't help!

Mate, with these prices a job doesn't help much either unless you're a pro bank robber.
Mr.Deflok
Autobot Commander

Postby GuanYu79 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:04 pm

Meh, I understand adding these BW guys in every now and then, but staggered out a bit more that what they are starting to do. I just want them to get the whole line done, but it feels like its really starting to stall now. Releases of the same guy (Megs, Prime, Starscream, Hot Rod) is not helping things either.
GuanYu79
Evil Decepticon

Postby Thatotherguy » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:50 pm

Despite some hesitation I ended up pre-ordering Megatron. The only upcoming TFs I’ve got any interest in are Megs and Unique Toys Optimus, so in a way it’ll balance out (though I’ve got the security of cancelling my preorder if I change my mind lol)
Thatotherguy
Pretender

Postby RotorstormNP » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:28 pm

Someone who JUST got their MP Dinobot unboxed it on Periscope not long ago. I’m midway through it: https://www.pscp.tv/w/biq_ITIyNTY0NDh8M ... 82hwMFdr-n
Cheers, Zac in Whanganui
RotorstormNP
Gestalt

Postby Thatotherguy » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:34 pm

I’m not prepared to go through the hassle of uploading a photo here, but MP Hound is confirmed and looks amazing

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/hound.1157250/
Thatotherguy
Pretender

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers News/Rumours Section