NZ GST Charges on all items from USA effective 1st Dec

If you have come across any news regarding the wide world of Transformers, post it here. Please do explain if it is confirmed news or just a rumour you have heard.

Moderator: Moderators

NZ GST Charges on all items from USA effective 1st Dec

Postby Mr_Ash » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:05 pm

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Help/NewZealandGst

For those of you not wanting to click on the link, here's the rundown from BBTS:

New Zealand GST
Effective 1 December 2019, Goods and Service Tax (GST) will be collected for all orders shipped to New Zealand. This is required because of laws passed by the New Zealand government. A 15% GST on merchandise and shipping fees will be due when any items are available to ship.

Checkout
GST will be due on in stock items that are selected to ship now. The amount of GST that will be collected will be listed as "Tax" during checkout.

Pre-orders
GST will not be charged on pre-orders until the products have arrived and are scheduled to ship to you.

Pile of Loot
GST will be charged when Items in your Pile of Loot are released for shipment. We do not charge GST when items are added to the Pile of Loot because the final shipping destination is unknown.
"..you get more classy every time."
"..you are a gentleman and a scholar."
Mr_Ash
TFNZ Princess

Re: NZ GST Charges on all items from USA effective 1st Dec

Postby omegaprime » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:20 am

well that was silly of them, ill just make my packages bigger to spread the cost of postage to even out the added cost gst adds to my package, it also means i will be buying even less from new zealand retail to do this.

I suppose this also means good thing this came in at the end of my collecting while i wait paitantly for final bots i need (apeface, snapdragon, scorp, crosshairs, sureshot, pointblank, trottlebots)
omegaprime
TFNZ News Crew

Postby [omega] » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:47 am

BBTS notified me two days before to ship my loot before it came into force.
Well we'll see how this goes.
[omega]
Faction Leader

Postby Good_Riddance » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:36 am

Grinds my gears you also have to pay gst on shipping. Well at all really, but paying it on shipping is the icing on the cake. The simple fact is that if I could buy things here (and I do use Mohock when he has something I want) I probably would, but given I'm almost exclusively a MP/3P collector these days noone local carries anything I'm interested in for the most part. I guess it means I'm going to have to be more selective as to what I purchase these days as even getting what appears to be a good deal may not necessarily be the case after paying the premium after the fact to get stuff here. It will be interesting to see if the likes of ShowZ/Aliexpress will start charging gst or will continue to under declare the value of their items to avoid customs charges...
Good_Riddance
Gestalt

Postby megatronacepticon » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:17 pm

That feel when I couldn't ship my PIle of Loot until after December 1 because I wasn't sure if Amazon was going to cancel my Astrotrain preorder or not because supposedly they started refusing to ship to Australia when they did their GST on online thing and I had one with BBTS as backup. Amazon shipped my Astrotrain the other day, so I was able to cancel that order and ship my Reflector 3-pack, plus the GST on both it and the shipping.
megatronacepticon
Heroic Autobot

Postby loismustdye » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:00 pm

I’m pissed as I asked bbts to ship in the 28th, it’s still sitting as processing. They’ll be getting a colourful email if they try to charge me tax on it cause they couldn’t ship within 3 days of me asking them too.
no sig as photobucket nerfed it all
# of TF's: I don't have the patience to count them all
# of GIJoe: I've lost count
loismustdye
Headmaster City

Postby Good_Riddance » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:44 pm

I'm pissed my package hasn't moved after paying my tax bill 3 days ago... Getting things in quickly from overseas may well become a thing of the past
Good_Riddance
Gestalt

Postby MightyMattReidMob » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:29 pm

Is it just the US or is it all countries?
MightyMattReidMob
Mini-Con

Postby green dragoon » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:31 pm

I accept the lack of GST on these sites is a growing issue but it still sucks, i buy a lot from Eaglemoss.com/nz and amazon.com, uk, jp so this is going to reduce my collecting. might be a good thing for me long term.

And i think i heard Amazon Uk and JP has ceased deliveries to NZ anyway so that takes it out of my hands.
The Surprising Adventures of Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

A Tomahawk of Honesty in the Skull of Lies
green dragoon
Headmaster City

Postby Nick92 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:49 pm

Just to clarify, this is just shipments from the USA right? If i continued to order from somewhere like robot kingdom in Hong Kong, there wouldn't be these extra charges? Probably a dumb question, but just thought i'd double check.
Nick92
Minibot

Postby skydemolisher » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:44 pm

Nick92 wrote:Just to clarify, this is just shipments from the USA right? If i continued to order from somewhere like robot kingdom in Hong Kong, there wouldn't be these extra charges? Probably a dumb question, but just thought i'd double check.

Everywhere I believe, unless they were already taking the tax out and paying it.
(D) For the Glory of the Decepticon Empire!!!!!!! (D)
skydemolisher
Supreme Commander

Postby megatronacepticon » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:45 pm

Amazon US seems to be on the ball at least, my Astrotrain that shipped a few days ago had a spot on the invoice for the tax on it.
megatronacepticon
Heroic Autobot

Postby Zippo » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:41 pm

Nick92 wrote:Just to clarify, this is just shipments from the USA right? If i continued to order from somewhere like robot kingdom in Hong Kong, there wouldn't be these extra charges? Probably a dumb question, but just thought i'd double check.

All online retailers who send more than $60k worth of items to New Zealand are supposed to collect GST on shipments to New Zealand
Some retailers may send over this limit and may not collect - it is on our tax department to chase them
Zippo
TFNZ Administrator

Postby Nick92 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:50 pm

I see.....thanks guys, a damn shame.
Nick92
Minibot

Postby omegaprime » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:53 pm

not going to lie though this is just what i need to cut back my collecting and focus on more important things
omegaprime
TFNZ News Crew

Next

Return to Transformers News/Rumours Section