War For Cybertron 2019

If you have come across any news regarding the wide world of Transformers, post it here. Please do explain if it is confirmed news or just a rumour you have heard.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: War For Cybertron 2019

Postby Damolisher » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:02 pm

Good_Riddance wrote:
skydemolisher wrote:
Damolisher wrote:Yeah, Toyworld's prices concern me a lot. Toyco doing Part Pay isn't so bad though, to be honest.

Toyco almost weekly has deals where you can get 20% off too so if they do that and you part pay it, its sweet coz anything over $100 is free shipping.

Ones just started now so jetfire is there for $120 if anyone's after it

Mint. Just managed to wrangle myself one with Afterpay. Thank you, my good man!
"I'm crazy, you're crazy, the whole world's crazy. It's just to which degree you're crazy."- Terry Funk
Damolisher
Faction Leader

Postby Good_Riddance » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:33 pm

Confirmation email came through from Mightyape that Unicron is secured... The better news being that there's no mention in the email of a down payment being required haha
Good_Riddance
Gestalt

Postby Subria » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:23 am

This Moderator is no longer resident.
Subria
TFNZ Moderator

Postby LinkNZ » Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:54 pm

Geez there are so many I want in this series, Siege was no where near as bad for personal wants for me.

Gonna pre-order Snapdragon for sure. I want Sky Lynx and Scorpy so much too (honestly those are 3 of my top tier favs) but just can't justify the import cost no matter how much I want them I think. :( Guess I'll wait and see if we get them here locally where I could do Afterpay or something to make it easier.
LinkNZ
Micromaster

Postby Nick92 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:22 pm

Snapdragon and Scorponok and Doubledealer are all definite buys for me. Some really awesome stuff coming up!!
Nick92
Minibot

Postby Spike » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:00 pm

Yes they look great, but seriously though what’s the point. 80% will not even make into our stores here. Hasbro NZ has really killed the collecting fire.

I don’t even bother looking anymore, just sometimes when my son wants to look for marvel legends or Star Wars. It’s always the same stuff, wave 1 but months after other countries have moved in to wave 2 or 3.

Sorry guys, I’m just really jaded by the local representation.

Warehouse gets lots of cyberverse.
Farmers just gets studio series.
Kmart gets randoms but I think they’ve given up for almost a year if not more.
Toyworld is still flooded with wave 1, I think they have even restocked it.
Toyco is much the same but do seem to get a case every now and then of something new. It disappears damn fast though.
And mighty ape seem late to the game and the price is always higher.

And we still only have leader Magnus and leader shockwaves. Voyager soundwaves and atarscreams. Deluxe chromia, sixgun and prowls.
No springer, reflector, Megatron, Optimus, spinister, ape face, red alert, blue streak, smokescreen, point blank, mirage...

Frustrating. Didn’t we use to know someone at Hasbro?
Spike's want list
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12376
Spike
Headmaster City

Postby Zippo » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:39 pm

There are some very nice items coming out in the next "year"

The "change" in design each "year" does make it hard to have a cohesive collection of CHUG, considering we are 13/14 years in and Hasbro are still finding some of these oddball G1 characters to release (I gave up knowing who was who after 1987/Season 3/4) and at this point I have a few dozen choices of a pretty decent Prime and Megatron and some "well I like parts of that figure, but this one matches even better"

I agree with Spike - local choice sucks and we also seem to be getting more exclusives now, which means importing more which with the new GST rules means paying more.
Zippo
TFNZ Administrator

Postby Damolisher » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:28 pm

I'm with you guys, local distribution sucks. It's somehow getting worse. I don't understand how Hasbro NZ managed to fuck things up so badly with Siege. It's bad enough they kept calling it a day after Wave 3 in every Prime Wars line, but to basically only bother properly releasing ONE WAVE of Siege and then go "whoops" and release Wave 1 after Wave 2, then go "Alright, we're done?"

That's absolute crap.
"I'm crazy, you're crazy, the whole world's crazy. It's just to which degree you're crazy."- Terry Funk
Damolisher
Faction Leader

Postby megatronacepticon » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:43 pm

I can only repeat what others have said. I love the looks of Earthrise and I there are some figures of characters I've needed for ages, but the Siege distribution was by far the worst it has ever been and it really kills my excitement for Earthrise. The only time distribution was ever worse were when it was Thrilling 30 and Beast Wars 10th where we got bloody nothing.

As for Siege, K-Mart got Wave 1 in a small quantity but nobody else did, then everybody else got Wave 2, then they got Wave 2 again and then some more Wave 2 for good measure. Wave 3 and 4 showed up briefly on Toyco, but they sold out fast and then that was it, no sign of Wave 5 or beyond anywhere and certainly nothing beyond Wave 2 on shelves except for a brief resurgence of Wave 1 from the occasional Warehouse which were bought in like a week and got replaced by yet more Wave 2. "You've already bought Wave 2, well, then I guess it sucks to be you, have some more Wave 2." And then they wonder why the lines stagnate. It's like living in the bloody rust belt over here. What was once a glorious Transformers selection is now nothing more than a glut of decaying Wave 2s and dying Transformers sections shrinking with every passing reshuffle.
megatronacepticon
Heroic Autobot

Postby LinkNZ » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:04 pm

Yeap, I gave up truly caring during PotP, got too depressing going in and seeing nothing in stores over and over. I just started importing everything but that took away a huge part of the fun, nice work Hasbro NZ.

Now with the tax crap even importing is a extra pain with the added costs on top of already expensive items + insanely high shipping costs.

Other counties go through multiple waves, two, tree, four different ones through the year. We get like, one, to sustain the entire year.

But don't worry guys, I'm sure there will be plenty of the latest Cyberverse junk rotting up our local shelves, sprinkled in with 1 or 2 of the same Siege bot from the same wave you purchased a year ago... if you're 'lucky'.

:roll:

:cry:
LinkNZ
Micromaster

Postby skydemolisher » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:09 pm

So far we know Scorponok and Sky Lynx are going to be available at Toyco, while Leader Prime and a few others will be at Mighty Ape.

My issue with the resize and reclassing is they are selling "Leader" class figures which are just Voyagers with add on parts which don't warrant the price difference and then deluxe figures which can be normal sized or like legion small, but the same price which is also set to be increased this year alongside the removal of plastic window boxes and bubbles so you might end up with terrible paint apps, etc and not know til you have it home. Plus for the past few years they've basically released the same characters over and over again without ever reaching a proper finish for lines, bit like the movie line because we need a new Prime alongside the new Bumblebee and Seekers every 6 months it seems.

Then there is the exclusivity push and putting things behind paywalls. Packing them with another figure and charging the price you'd pay for 3 figures while you're only getting 2. Only bringing in a small amount of figures like the Star Wars reveal, 1 case per store so people were sure to miss out but they can use the "We sold out" line.

Things have got so bad over the years and the amount of QC issues with "Too bad, keep the one you have or have no replacement" has got to stupid levels.

I honestly think they are now more focused on keeping the US customers happy as much as they can, they stopped caring about the rest of the world. I know its not perfect there because other toy collectors have mentioned it, stores are ordering like 10 cases, Hasbro promises them they'll get their 10, Hasbro ships them 4, then shifts 2 from there to another place to cover that other order and never comes up with the missing stock. Maybe it will get better once they move everything back to the US like they're planning but by then I'd say most people will be out.
(D) For the Glory of the Decepticon Empire!!!!!!! (D)
skydemolisher
Supreme Commander

Postby Damolisher » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:35 pm

LinkNZ wrote:Yeap, I gave up truly caring during PotP, got too depressing going in and seeing nothing in stores over and over. I just started importing everything but that took away a huge part of the fun, nice work Hasbro NZ.

Now with the tax crap even importing is a extra pain with the added costs on top of already expensive items + insanely high shipping costs.

Other counties go through multiple waves, two, tree, four different ones through the year. We get like, one, to sustain the entire year.

But don't worry guys, I'm sure there will be plenty of the latest Cyberverse junk rotting up our local shelves, sprinkled in with 1 or 2 of the same Siege bot from the same wave you purchased a year ago... if you're 'lucky'.

:roll:

:cry:

Hey, at least Farmers are fully focused on Studio Series figures and keeping those as modern as they can!

I mean, it's literally all Farmers stocks anymore in regards to Transformers, but hey!
Damolisher
Faction Leader

Postby omegaprime » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:00 pm

I would love to get excited but the waves here just make me angry it's hard to get excited when you know we are gonna see the toys we aren't looking forward to
omegaprime
TFNZ News Crew

Postby LinkNZ » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:57 pm

omegaprime wrote:I would love to get excited but the waves here just make me angry it's hard to get excited when you know we are gonna see the toys we aren't looking forward to

They can't even give us complete waves of the few things we do get, always has to be part stock and bits missing randomly. There's never and rhyme or reason to it. How can you be expected to get hyped when it's like, we probably wont get any leaders past wave 1, we probably wont see any of wave 4 at all, oh no looks like that 1 single box of wave 3 deluxes the entire country had as stock sold out in 30min, too bad that was it forever etc etc.

Right out of the gates now with Earthrise, deluxes randomly absent so far. We're just left in the dark as to what will happen with anything release wise, please be excited though!!

:x
LinkNZ
Micromaster

Postby Mr.Deflok » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:06 pm

I've placed an order on MightyApe. I cbf checking stores amd this way it'll come to me when it comes to me without any worry or stress.

We just have to accept that NZ retail toy shopping is a shitshow and not get our hopes up.
Mr.Deflok
Autobot Commander

Previous

Return to Transformers News/Rumours Section