War For Cybertron 2019

If you have come across any news regarding the wide world of Transformers, post it here. Please do explain if it is confirmed news or just a rumour you have heard.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: War For Cybertron 2019

Postby Good_Riddance » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:43 pm

Imagine what it's going to cost when it comes to being available internationally...
Good_Riddance
Gestalt

Postby skydemolisher » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:52 pm

omegaprime wrote:wallet buster sized UNICRON

https://news.tfw2005.com/2019/07/15/has ... led-391400

While this is cool, its kinda sad that it will only be available outside the US if it gets funded and after tax and shipping is added, it will likely be about $1000NZ and for me, this isn't worth sinking that kind of money. It also appears to kinda just be an upscale and retool of the Armada one, which is likely why they were able to build it before offering it.

If they decided to downscale it and reduce the price then that'd be cool but that'd be doubtful. I think they'd sell a ton of them if they released it at the same size or slightly larger than the Armada ones.
(D) For the Glory of the Decepticon Empire!!!!!!! (D)
skydemolisher
Supreme Commander

Postby Spike » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:37 am

I REALLY REALLY want this. I am thinking of backing and sending t to youshop or asking a fellow collector from the Realm of Collectors to help out.

I want this so bad
Spike's want list
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12376
Spike
Headmaster City

Postby LinkNZ » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:47 pm

Would rather they have just done a 'normal' one. Scorp and him were my most wanted Titans.

I know Unicron should be special, and I agree, but there must be something in between slightly bigger than Fort Max Titan class and $1000+ never available to you in your country ever class. :(
LinkNZ
Micromaster

Postby omegaprime » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:39 pm

I fully agree the news about his price is heart breaking none the less, i am sure someone will KO it and make it cheaper, the amount of complaints ive seen about price tag likely shows there is a large market for these toys to be KOed
omegaprime
TFNZ News Crew

Postby Damolisher » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:30 pm

Yeah, I love the look of the new Unicron, but there's a difference between "holy shit, that's cool and beastly" and "That's absolutely fucking asinine for anyone outside of America."
"I'm crazy, you're crazy, the whole world's crazy. It's just to which degree you're crazy."- Terry Funk
Damolisher
Faction Leader

Postby Spike » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:32 am

The price doesn’t get me so bad. I have cut down significantly on transformer purchases and that includes third party. What I used to spend on a combiner like Quantron or Green Giant is close to what this would cost anyway (I think).
I’m dead scared of the shipping though. Plus customs. Though not as scared as I am of missing out.
Spike's want list
Spike
Headmaster City

Postby Zippo » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:02 pm

Seems that we are back to the great store exclusive days of a few years back; recent years have been pretty light on exclusives
That said, I am not keen on most of the exclusives and so will happily leave them.

I do need Apeface however
Zippo
TFNZ Administrator

Postby [omega] » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:40 am

This time I have only glanced at this line.
That unicron is impressive but like spike I too am cutting down on what I collect.
[omega]
Faction Leader

Postby Zippo » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:00 pm

So I somehow missed the news that we are getting the Powerdashers as retooled figures .. and they look horrible.
Zippo
TFNZ Administrator

Postby skydemolisher » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:26 pm

Anyone interested in Unicron's transformation theres a video of it here;

https://io9.gizmodo.com/exclusive-watch ... 67381?IR=T

I'd be so worried about breaking it that really buying 2 would be the only option so both modes can be shown, then again that requires 2 custom built display units and the whole Spinal Tap "Listen to the sustain... Don't point... In fact don't even look at it..."

Kinda wish they went the other way, downscaled and gave these figures more articulation and less clunk. I've been amazed at how good looking some of the 3rd Party figures are and shocked they are coming in at around 4". I'd like more affordable figures and this may sound weird but this massive Unicron is the first time I've wondered about the environmental impact of so much plastic. I really think downsizing some of the figures would be better and open up the options for the larger Transformers, so they are a bit more accurate to their look and abilities... Also like You could sell display add ons like Autobot City, Cybertron and The Ark.

I think I'd rather have had solid instead of folding panels because the sandwich look is weird and the arms that connect them look thin.
(D) For the Glory of the Decepticon Empire!!!!!!! (D)
skydemolisher
Supreme Commander

Postby Muleac » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:40 pm

I'm with you on the paneling for the transformation. Either that or they could have spread it around a bit instead of it all being on the legs. I don't want to say it but parts forming, maybe could have made the panels into a moon , a sword. Hide it. Looks lazy having it like that. But they seem to be that way with larger figures I never knew why they could not hide the fists on metroplex. Anyway mighty ape has it for pre order.
Muleac
TFNZ Moderator

Postby Spike » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:40 am

I don’t think I like the kibble that dangles from the back of the arms. Never noticed until the video
Spike's want list
Spike
Headmaster City

Postby Defensor » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:58 pm

Question: How is everyone getting / or got their Siege Jetfire?
Was wondering what's the best way to pick him up.
Would have done the MightyApe order but didn't get my A into G in time.

thanks
Overcoming a "Distinct Tactical Deficiency" one Transformer at a time
Defensor
Targetmaster

Postby Nick92 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:21 am

I grabbed mine through Robot Kingdom a few months back, fast shipping from them, think he's still in stock too! Highly recommend.
Nick92
Minibot

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers News/Rumours Section