War For Cybertron 2019

If you have come across any news regarding the wide world of Transformers, post it here. Please do explain if it is confirmed news or just a rumour you have heard.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: War For Cybertron 2019

Postby omegaprime » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:19 pm

Bbts has put up reflector and brunt with the chances of no wave 3 maybe some backup ordering is needed just in case you reaallllyy want something
omegaprime
TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:03 pm

Some awsome toys here
omegaprime
TFNZ News Crew

Postby Meangreen » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:43 pm

Skywarp and Sideswipe look nice. Not sure that I'm a fan of the repainted battle-masters being packed in though.
Meangreen
Faction Leader

Postby Defensor » Mon May 13, 2019 10:33 am

Optibotimus has posted a review of Siege Jetfire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WPFUSO8SOI

Glad HasTak finally got it all together to produce a great toy – playable, straightforward transformation, pose-able (lol’d when he discovered waist swivel), innovative – like those retracting fist holes, homages to both the G1 cartoon and the Macross toy. And all the extra neat stuff to boot – like the reversible Autobot/Decepticon logo, the “handles” to carry Autobots beneath, combining guns and armour.

I missed out on Generations Jetfire and passed on Phoenix and Kronos due to expense. At $150 from MightyApe this will be a great reward for a longish wait.
Overcoming a "Distinct Tactical Deficiency" one Transformer at a time
Defensor
Targetmaster

Postby megatronacepticon » Mon May 13, 2019 2:26 pm

I don't really have the space for Jetfire unfortunately, but I'll see what I can do. He really does look too good to pass up, especially since I don't actually have a toy of the character at all yet.
megatronacepticon
Heroic Autobot

Postby megatronacepticon » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:37 pm

https://screenrant.com/new-transformers ... Thj3FzqlFA
I really really hope we get Astrotrain in New Zealand, though my hopes aren't necessarily that high due to it being a late-wave Leader.
megatronacepticon
Heroic Autobot

Postby Zippo » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:30 pm

How many Astrotrains do we need?

I am really excited for Apeface; I purchased a complete vintage around 2005 - it never turned up and then prices got stupid
Zippo
TFNZ Administrator

Postby Damolisher » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:50 pm

I'm with Zip, the constant re-re-re-re-re-re-re-remakes of Astrotrain in nearly every line are turning him from something special into a case of "another fucking Astrotrain? Again?"

To be fair though, this one looks magnificent and I expect something special given the engineering in this line. I honestly think the Siege line is the Transformers department of Hasbro showing off, and I'm absolutely grateful for it.
"I'm crazy, you're crazy, the whole world's crazy. It's just to which degree you're crazy."- Terry Funk
Damolisher
Faction Leader

Postby Spike » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:28 am

I think the answer is 1. But can you really call the titans return one an Astrotrain? I think he may be best left forgotten IMO.

This one does indeed look fantastic. And eschews the gimmick the other leaders have had in the line of combining with weapons kibble like Shockwave and Ultra Magnus/Cybertron Prime did
Spike's want list
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12376
Spike
Headmaster City

Postby Subria » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:35 am

Zippo wrote:How many Astrotrains do we need?

I am really excited for Apeface; I purchased a complete vintage around 2005 - it never turned up and then prices got stupid

Mine is in storage somewhere... lovely figure, but always wanted to get a 2nd gun for him. My fav was always Snapdragon (who did come with two guns), but I now have hopes for a remake of him. Triplechanger Headmasters back in the 80s. Nuff said. That said this Apeface one looks decent, spits on the Titan Master version.

As much as I love Astrotrain, not sure a Leader size one is required.

I'm still slightly confused how Spinister transforms as there's a cockpit on each leg, but only looks like a single in alt mode.

This Moderator is no longer resident.
Subria
TFNZ Moderator

Postby omegaprime » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:35 am

spinster appears to hide the other cockpit under the rotor or behind where we cant see, only thing i cant work out based on how the feet become the side peices, that or its a 3d animation model mistake, which would make alot more sense unless his reapint is going to need both cockpits

I am so pumped for crosshairs and apefact, so apeface is a headmaster and it is TR compatible apparently, this would make sense based off how its designed, looks like the little apeface is going to be an extra gun for the big one, as for astrotrain, well how i see it he is likely only going to be old voyager sized but better build than the TR one, i think for this very reason i will end up buying him, hopefully this doesnt mean all the other triple changers will get done again, because we still need snapdragon and a few other bots that are more suited for those slots.

anyone else feel a G2 line coming with all these molds?
omegaprime
TFNZ News Crew

Postby Mr.Deflok » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:16 pm

I have been hanging for a G2 line for years. I know it isn't G2 but I need modern Turbomasters and Predators so bad.

Will likely get Fans Hobby's Thunder Clash.
Mr.Deflok
Autobot Commander

Postby megatronacepticon » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:33 pm

Zippo wrote:How many Astrotrains do we need?

Ideally enough until I get one with a proper steam locomotive alt-mode. Luckily this one has exactly that, so after this we shouldn't need another one for a while. There is the FancyCell one which would be perfect if the plastic/QC on it wasn't so awful, but sadly is it so it's not much use to someone who likes to play with his toys.
megatronacepticon
Heroic Autobot

Postby omegaprime » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:08 pm

omegaprime
TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:54 pm

omegaprime
TFNZ News Crew

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers News/Rumours Section