Are we getting Studio Series Waves 3 and 4?

If you have come across any news regarding the wide world of Transformers, post it here. Please do explain if it is confirmed news or just a rumour you have heard.

Moderator: Moderators

Gestalt

Are we getting Studio Series Waves 3 and 4?

Postby RotorstormNP » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:38 pm

Hi all,
My apologies if this has been asked and answered elsewhere, but I’ve got a gift card for The Warehouse and a deep desire for SS Bug Bee and Dropkick. Are we getting their waves? If so, do we have an ETA?
Cheers, Zac in Whanganui

TFNZ News Crew

Re: Are we getting Studio Series Waves 3 and 4?

Postby omegaprime » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:26 pm

well BBTS doesnt have its stock intill some time in October so i think with this wave we should see it late October early November

Gestalt

Postby RotorstormNP » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:45 pm

Thanks OP, I appreciate the info. I’ll be keeping an eye out - I’m working again so I may even be able to buy them rather than dropping hints for Christmas! :oops:
Cheers, Zac in Whanganui

TFNZ Administrator

Postby Zippo » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:38 am

I've ordered mine via Japan; was going to be via Amazon USA but they are refusing to ship one item direct.

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:25 am

The response wasn't usefull but they don't know on this or potp with that response i would import but saying that we had been doing well at the start of the year.

I asked about wave 3 potp and wave 3 studio series and if dropkick was being released and if elita one was being released and when it the siege toy line will release here.

They wonder why many of us import...

I'm not surprised a few months ago I had mightyape ask Hasbro about hungurrr and elita one and there was no information that could be provided by Hasbro, I thought if anyone could a store could get information out of them

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:17 am

I have sent another email saying that this information on these characters is needed because options are diminishing. we need to know if we are seeing these toys here in new zealand or if we have to import.

My Email.

Hi thank you for your response.
There is abit of a issue at the moment us fans have been waiting abit for a couple of transformers to come out and we are now concerned we have missed out on the Hasbro release here is the list of bots the we are worried about.

Transformers Wave 2 Power of the primes Voyager class Hungurrr and elita-one
Transformers Wave 3 Power of the primes Leader CLass OptimusPrimal
Transformers Wave 3 Power of the primes Master Class Quintus, Megatronus, Solus Prime

Transformers Studio Series Deluxe Wave 3 Bumblebee, Shadow Raider(the only new character so easiest to search for ), Ratchet
Transformers Studio Series wave 4 deluxe Dropkick
Transformers Studio series wave 3 Voyager Ironhide

Our choices are diminishing quickly on how to get these and if they are coming to new zealand we would rather wait to support local but if they are not, i will inform the rest of the fans so we can take the needed action so we dont miss out.

Heroic Autobot

Postby Yeti » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:44 am

A great email. Thanks Omega.

TFNZ Administrator

Postby Zippo » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:20 am

Why does it not surprise me that Hasbro knows nothing about their own products

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:24 pm

Transformers Wave 2 Power of the primes Voyager class Hungurrr and elita-one - we will not be getting either of these characters

Transformers Wave 3 Power of the primes Leader Class OptimusPrimal - we will not be getting this one

Transformers Wave 3 Power of the primes Master Class Quintus, Megatronus, Solus Prime - these are the only characters we will get

Transformers Studio Series Deluxe Wave 3 Bumblebee, Shadow Raider, Ratchet - we will be getting Bumblebee and Ratchet early December but not Shadow Raider (it being called shadow raider possibly screwed the search as it might be lockdown in there system)

Transformers Studio Series wave 4 deluxe Dropkick - we will get Dropkick in nearly December also

Transformers Studio series wave 3 Voyager Ironhide - we will have this. We have only just launched the previous assortment of Brawl and Megatron. When this has sold through we will release the assortment with Ironhide.

so here we go

Heroic Autobot

Postby megatronacepticon » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:49 pm

omegaprime wrote:Transformers Wave 2 Power of the primes Voyager class Hungurrr and elita-one - we will not be getting either of these characters

Typical of Hasbro to fail to complete a combiner here, screwing over all the kids who don't have the opportunity to import Hun-Grrr. Having the missing figure be the central piece is even worse when it means you can't just buy two of one of the available limbs like with Superion. At least with Elita One nobody got to finish her since the black Jazz retool and whatever the fourth limb would have been never came out anywhere.

omegaprime wrote:Transformers Wave 3 Power of the primes Leader Class OptimusPrimal - we will not be getting this one

Disappointing, but I've got the Throne of the Primes one on preorder anyway.

omegaprime wrote:Transformers Wave 3 Power of the primes Master Class Quintus, Megatronus, Solus Prime - these are the only characters we will get

Good, these I wanted because I like the Prime Masters. I just wish the fourth wave of shells wasn't cancelled outright.

omegaprime wrote:Transformers Studio Series Deluxe Wave 3 Bumblebee, Shadow Raider, Ratchet - we will be getting Bumblebee and Ratchet early December but not Shadow Raider (it being called shadow raider possibly screwed the search as it might be lockdown in there system)

Transformers Studio Series wave 4 deluxe Dropkick - we will get Dropkick in nearly December also

Transformers Studio series wave 3 Voyager Ironhide - we will have this. We have only just launched the previous assortment of Brawl and Megatron. When this has sold through we will release the assortment with Ironhide.

Should all be good to see.

Micromaster

Postby LinkNZ » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:31 pm

Guess I'll just continue importing everything. Once it became obvious we weren't getting anything new I just imported it all.

Way to kill the excitement of going into a store seeing things on the shelves and collecting them Hasbro NZ. :roll:

Then the retailers whine oh wah wah people import cause its cheaper its not fair - no I import because the stuff I want (PotP) isn't on shelves. :roll:

Heroic Autobot

Postby Yeti » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:38 pm

I'm fully expecting us only to get wave 1 of Siege once it hits. Why release anything more when Prime and Megatron are in the first wave :/

Anyone know if Hun-Grrr made it to aussie shores as I'm off to the Gold Coast next week and would be keen to pick him up from there.

Edit: A quick google search shows yes, so fingers crossed.

Micromaster

Postby LinkNZ » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:20 am

Ya he definitely did as that is where I got my one from!

They're even seeing sightings of Predaking now, so by the sounds of it you'll have a lot more fun looking in stores there than we have here. *sigh* :cry:

Gestalt

Postby RotorstormNP » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:35 am

omegaprime wrote:so here we go

Fantastic news, thank you OP.
Cheers, Zac in Whanganui

Return to Transformers News/Rumours Section