Trademe pulling third party auctions

Whether you want to promote your auctions on Trademe or find out who else is interested in that one you're eyeing up, post it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Headmaster City

Trademe pulling third party auctions

Postby loismustdye » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:28 am

Just a headsup, looks like trademe is starting to comedown on some sellers selling third partty itrms.
A couple auctions i was watching got pulled by administrators this morning and I had one pulled by admin last week followed up by a an email saying why ( and amusingly tellng me not to sell the item by any other means,... lol).

Wonder of its related to the fact hasbro now has a “transformers” store on trademe or theres other users dobbing people in. Be interesting to see if they are doing this across all their categories or just this one

Guess just keep it in mind when selling on there.
no sig as photobucket nerfed it all
# of TF's: I don't have the patience to count them all
# of GIJoe: I've lost count

Pretender

Re: Trademe pulling third party auctions

Postby Thatotherguy » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:18 am

I’ve had 3P stuff pulled recently as well. Kind of annoyed that they’re applying this rule inconsistently. There’s some clearly labeled 3P stuff that’s been doing the rounds for over a year now that hasn’t been hit by the ban.

If they actually didn’t want people selling this stuff then surely they would do a sweep of the entire category, rather this seemingly random approach?

Faction Leader

Postby [omega] » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:51 am

Sounds like bully tactics by trademe

TFNZ Administrator

Postby Zippo » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:26 am

Do you have a link to this Hasbro store.. I almost never venture onto Trademe these days

Headmaster City

Postby loismustdye » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:34 pm

no sig as photobucket nerfed it all
# of TF's: I don't have the patience to count them all
# of GIJoe: I've lost count

Gestalt

Postby Good_Riddance » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:10 am

Just had a quick look through and there's a ton of cheap knockoff type junk on there still... Which makes me think maybe it's the hasbro toyshop going through and picking out listing that probably most compete with their stuff. It's a pain in the ass now anyway the category is flooded with all their junk I have no interest in, and don't have the time or inclination now to sift through to see if there is anything of genuine interest to me. Trademe need to do the decent thing and change the category from transformers to transforming toys or robots or some such. The ebay category is something like that right?

Headmaster City

Postby green dragoon » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:21 am

Good_Riddance wrote:Just had a quick look through and there's a ton of cheap knockoff type junk on there still... Which makes me think maybe it's the hasbro toyshop going through and picking out listing that probably most compete with their stuff. It's a pain in the ass now anyway the category is flooded with all their junk I have no interest in, and don't have the time or inclination now to sift through to see if there is anything of genuine interest to me. Trademe need to do the decent thing and change the category from transformers to transforming toys or robots or some such. The ebay category is something like that right?

I've always wanted Trade me to add an option that filters out foreign listings from overseas, all that stuff just floods the market with way overprices crap I've seen current Legion class figures being listed from the UK $30+ that's insane and the generally loose descriptions means I'm sure less perceptive people will get caught out thinking they are getting the Deluxe version or something.
The Surprising Adventures of Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

A Tomahawk of Honesty in the Skull of Lies

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:21 pm

Honestly who cares Lol, no longer care about trade me, it's full of scalping and $2 shop crap, opening it up to international sellers has hurt trademe

Gestalt

Postby Good_Riddance » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:08 pm

omegaprime wrote:Honestly who cares Lol, no longer care about trade me, it's full of scalping and $2 shop crap, opening it up to international sellers has hurt trademe

Agreed. It's a bit of a shame how it is now... I just don't have the stomach to trawl through the 1000+ listing now for the few things I may potentially be interested in.

Micromaster

Postby Nick92 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:20 pm

Yeah it's just blown up, going on there now is such a chore having to scroll through pages and pages of freshly added junk to get to the real auctions.

Return to Auction Forum