Annoying Trademe-isms

Whether you want to promote your auctions on Trademe or find out who else is interested in that one you're eyeing up, post it here.

Moderator: Moderators

TFNZ Administrator

Re: Annoying Trademe-isms

Postby Zippo » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:42 pm

I had listings for items on Trademe that have since sold
Since Trademe charges a fee for withdrawing them, I added a few 00's to the start price.

Trademe cancelled the items because they thought the listing wasn't real.
How do they know that my item wasn't worth the new price?

Saved me withdraw fees anyway (but probably put a black mark against my account somewhere)
Rest in Piece Mum

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:03 am

All the bloody stores on trademe its rediculos, i have litraly resorted to searching only by used just because its to flooded

Autobot Commander

Postby buyaball » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:09 pm

omegaprime wrote:All the bloody stores on trademe its rediculos, i have litraly resorted to searching only by used just because its to flooded

yep i'm being squeezed out of my little niche on trademe by importers,They have halved the value of golfballs over the last 2 years i still make 100% profit on but i have to sell twice as much as i used to just to get the same $

don't click this link...

If you watch Titanic backwards, It is a heart warming tale of a ship which jumps out of the water & saves lots of drowning people.

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:23 pm

lack of communication from a trademe seller, its more then a little annoying when you spend more then 100 on something, the only thing i really want from them is confirmation they got the money and a message once its been sent so i can keep eye out for the package... heck the email can just be one in the same.

Minibot

Postby NZHC » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:41 pm

omegaprime wrote:lack of communication from a trademe seller, its more then a little annoying when you spend more then 100 on something, the only thing i really want from them is confirmation they got the money and a message once its been sent so i can keep eye out for the package... heck the email can just be one in the same.

Or over zealous buyers that email 3 hours after buy knowing, asking if the item is shipped then never communicate with you again by confirming they got it or giving postive feedback.

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:17 pm

NZHC wrote:
omegaprime wrote:lack of communication from a trademe seller, its more then a little annoying when you spend more then 100 on something, the only thing i really want from them is confirmation they got the money and a message once its been sent so i can keep eye out for the package... heck the email can just be one in the same.

Or over zealous buyers that email 3 hours after buy knowing, asking if the item is shipped then never communicate with you again by confirming they got it or giving postive feedback.

Ohhhh ive had that a few times, i once had someone buy a ps1 game from and sent me messages saying they wanted a discount after they got the game because it wasn't as good as they renember

Previous

Return to Auction Forum