Update to Buy/Sell/Trade Rules

Want to buy, sell, or trade some Transformers merchandise? Then post here! TFNZ takes no responsibility for its members' actions.

Moderator: Moderators

Update to Buy/Sell/Trade Rules

Postby Starscream NZ » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:39 am

Importing products from overseas
If you are looking to import goods from Japan, America and other countries for sale on Transformers New Zealand. You must contact Starscream NZ and organise this. To be eligible for this, you must have a New Zealand bank account, and put $2 towards onto each order - and send the collect money to a specified bank account. Failure to abide by this rule will result in losing the privilege to sell items on Transformers New Zealand, continued abuse of this will result in a disabling of your account.

When it comes around to time of release of the item, simply contact Starscream NZ via PM and tell me how much money you are putting into the TFNZ account. I will give you the bank details to deposit the money, the consequences for not paying this are expressed above. An example is laid out below:

1. You (seller): MP-07 Thundercracker announced! Released Dec 25, price $150. All money due in by Dec 20
2. You then add $2 towards the total price, making it $152
3. You get 11 preorders for MP07 - meaning you owe TFNZ $22
4. Once December 20 rolls around and you have collected your money, PM Starscream NZ and inform him that you have the TFNZ funds ready to send over
5. Starscream NZ gives you bank details
6. You deposit the $22 into TFNZ account, import your goods and send them out to members
7. Everybody happy.

Please note this does not affect one-off orders. In the case of you wanting to see if someone else wants to share an order on you to combine shipping, you are not required to add this onto your purchase. However, if you are selling a figure in bulk, then you do apply the fee. If say you personally import 5x Target Exclusive Jazz figures, and want to sell them all on TFNZ, then you add the $2 fee.

If you are wanting to sell some stock, or set up a pre-order and are confused about whether you need to add the fee to your thread or not, please PM Starscream NZ for confirmation as to whether you do need to add the fee or not.
Last edited by Starscream NZ on Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Starscream NZ
TFNZ Administrator

Postby Starscream NZ » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:45 am

Please note:

This rule is effective of January 1st 2008. Any pre-order that is for an item released BEFORE January does not need this fee added on, but if the product is released after January 1st, 2008 then the fee must be added onto the order.
Starscream NZ
TFNZ Administrator

Postby oldman » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:13 pm

Nice work man! Fully support this move! :)
How would I know? Go ask your mother.
oldman
Headmaster City

Postby BaldMonk » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:30 am

You may want to not in the rules that the monies are going towards to site costs, and not in your pocket... The way it sounds at the moment... Well, yeah :D
Want List
G1 Wheeljack
Vintage MIB/MOC figures (almost any)
BaldMonk
Minion of Unicron

Postby Damolisher » Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:02 pm

Hey, fair enough, man. This is a good idea: It means more funding for you and TFNZ. But mostly you. You put enough of your own funds into the site, kick back, spend some on yerself!
"I'm crazy, you're crazy, the whole world's crazy. It's just to which degree you're crazy."- Terry Funk
Damolisher
Faction Leader

Postby Starscream NZ » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:06 pm

Haha, no, the money that is earnt from this doesn't go into my pocket (though I wish it did :P) It goes towards covering the costs of running the site and paying the hosting bills.

I have also added a minor update that states that if you are selling stock as well as preorders you also need to pay the $1 fee. Though this only really affects BSN and duocons.

Basically, if you're selling a figure from your collection, you don't have to pay the fee. If you're selling stuff in bulk, or pre-ordering in bulk, you pay the fee.
Starscream NZ
TFNZ Administrator

Return to Buy/Sell/Trade